2011 WRX HB Base halogen upgrade - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX HB Base halogen upgrade within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I got my bulbs for a little more than a piece on Amazon. I went with a xacto ...

So I got my bulbs for a little more than $5 a piece on Amazon. I went with a xacto knife and it worked like a charm. I can definitely notice the increased light output. I have just one question for you guys, did you find that the bulbs did not completely finish seating when you installed them? I mean, it's probably less than a pube hair turn left, but you can tell the difference of the H11 when turning to lock vs the H9. I don't think I'll have any problems with the bulb turning itself out, just wondering.
    '14 SWP STI

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by AFP520 View Post
    So I got my bulbs for a little more than $5 a piece on Amazon. I went with a xacto knife and it worked like a charm. I can definitely notice the increased light output. I have just one question for you guys, did you find that the bulbs did not completely finish seating when you installed them? I mean, it's probably less than a pube hair turn left, but you can tell the difference of the H11 when turning to lock vs the H9. I don't think I'll have any problems with the bulb turning itself out, just wondering.
    I didn't have any issues with my bulbs not seating properly.

Blah blah blah something about penguins CowboyD Eng6ine's Avatar
    Is anyone running the Sylvanias that are found at most Pepboys/Autozones/Chain Auto stores? If so, which ones did you go with? I had the hyperwhite or whatever it was that was the whitest in my old car.

Whats a good brand online that wasn't too expensive and worked well?
    Crazy is running towards what people are running from.

Quote Originally Posted by CowboyD Eng6ine View Post
    Is anyone running the Sylvanias that are found at most Pepboys/Autozones/Chain Auto stores? If so, which ones did you go with? I had the hyperwhite or whatever it was that was the whitest in my old car.

Whats a good brand online that wasn't too expensive and worked well?
    I am using the Sylvania bulbs from Pepboys. I didn't buy anything special. Just using the basic bulbs. My last set lasted me around 16 months.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345