2008 wrx rear spoiler
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2008 wrx rear spoiler within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Quick question? I have a 2008 WRX 5 door, looking to swap out the rear spoiler with a sti spoiler ...

2008 wrx rear spoiler

Quick question?

I have a 2008 WRX 5 door, looking to swap out the rear spoiler with a sti spoiler or wrx premium. I saw some carbon fiber ones but they need to be painted to match. Can i get one from subaru so the paint matches. Any insight would be great.

Thanks, keep it fast.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I haven't been able to find one from subaru. I bought a duraflex one but there is no housing for the washer fluid dispenser. I've seen others which have the light already installed and a nozzle. I'm trying to return it, but I'm just going to have a reputable body shop match the paint, and possibly make a new dispenser. I don't know why it's so difficult to find the '09-'11 spoiler. Let me know if you find one though.

what color is your car? There's a local guy here that just bought one of the cf pieces and to be honest it looks quite good on his car (color is wrb). I was surprised at how nicely it fit as well. Looked like it belonged there.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Mine is "spark silver." This is the link to the spoiler I bought: 08-10 Subaru Impreza GT CNC Wing/Spoiler!!! | eBay

It's got a unique design I haven't seen on any other WRX/STI. I would like to keep it if I can get a shop to do the mod and painting at a reasonable price...

Rage-WRX, the one you pointed out is the one with the light and nozzle I wish I had bought. Appears it is carbon and wouldn't need to be painted.

i just contacted bayson r motorsports about the pricing of that spoiler. the ebay listing has it at 190 and their website says 999.

if its 190 ill pick one up. here's to hoping.

ok i just purchased the bayson r one off of ebay because he said their website have NEVER worked (he did the caps)

$260 shipped, ill let you know about fitment and take pictures once its received

i got it today, some crazy quick turn around. the surface of it is nice looking but the brake light area looks thrown together. also to me it feels like it weighs a tons and the back is definitely not carbon fiber. ok maybe it is but its covered is black gunk. im used to motorcycle accessories that are carbon and that it. ill get some pics up.

PICS, now i just need to figure out how to get this thing on. anyone have a link to a service manual torrent or anything?

so i did the install this weekend. it was very easy, and if i had to do it over again it might take a half hour but the first time through was about 3 hours

after removing the trim on the inside of the hatch the wing is attached by 4 bolts and 3 push retainers. unclip the washer hose and the 2 brake light wires inside the wing and it comes right off. i re-used the original 3rd brake light as i liked the clear finish better than the red tint of the one that came with the wing. also the stock one already had all the connections wired which is nice.

i think im going to look for some cf mirror housings or covers now.

Looks good.. I think that's exactly the same piece my local guy bought.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

definately no weight saving though. you really get what you pay for, it may fit but its heavy

Its likely built just like some of the cf hoods are. 90% fiberglass with a layer or two of cf wrapped around the top.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    SUCH IS MANGO!

How did you attach the clear light? I bought the wing and the red light attached differently. The clear bolts through to the back of the spoiler and the red screws up towards the top. How did you do it?

It's been a while but everything for together exactly like stock. What year is yours? I have an 08 maybe they changed it

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast