"Vez Eyes" - 2007 STI - Blacked Out Headlights and Angel Eyes :)
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on "Vez Eyes" - 2007 STI - Blacked Out Headlights and Angel Eyes :) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I finally pulled the trigger and did my lights. I disabled the DRLs, painted the interior, removed the amber ...

Vez

"Vez Eyes" - 2007 STI - Painted/Blacked Out Headlights and Angel Eyes :)

So I finally pulled the trigger and did my lights. I disabled the DRLs, painted the interior, removed the amber reflector, replaced the amber indicator bulbs with chrome covered bulbs that illuminate amber, and installed Angel Eyes from Lightwerkz. Love them! Here's some pics I took of the final product:

Last edited by Vez; 06-19-2011 at 10:48 PM.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..
    2007 UGM WRX STI Ltd. #081/800

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looks really good. it also cleaned up the front i think.
    Last edited by irvin787878; 06-20-2011 at 03:08 PM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

I Support ClubWRX
    Yes,looks very well done.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Vez
    Thanks. It definitely changed the whole look of the car.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081
    I'm the only person born a Pirate and trained as a Ninja; I sometimes don't get along with myself..

definitely looks awesome Vez! I'm with Irvin....really ties the rest of the front of the car together nicely with the black mesh & grill inserts! Needless to say I'm quite envious of all the progress you've made with your car so far...really hoping since mine is parked that I can get a bunch of projects ticked off of my "to-do" list this summer. She sits & waits right now...August is shaping up to be the time to get them all done the way things are going now (both free-time wise as well as financially).
    03 Mazdaspeed Protege
    Currently:
    Custom SRI, Custom FMIC with HKS SSQV, GHL 3" down & midpipe with hi-flo cat, stock boost on Garrett T-25, crossdrilled & slotted rotors w/ stainless steel brakelines, Custom projector headlights w/ CCFL rings & LEDs, Reverse cowl CF hood, Prosport boost & water temp gauges, AWR motor mounts, NGK Powerdex Wideband O2, ....still more to come....

Looks great Vez...the only qualm I have with your car...is that it looks like it's missing the nose without the front Subaru badge

Other than that, she looks great!
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

I Support ClubWRX
    how do you activate the angel eyes?
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Vez
    I thought about a front "i" badge with a carbon fiber background, but after I PhotoShopped it, I liked it better without....but I can see what you mean.

MSP....just say when!

I turn on the Angel Eyes like they are Parking Lights. They are also on with the low-beams. Since the DRLs are disabled, I sometimes turn on the Parking Lights to use them as DRLs.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #081

Really like the look of this
    Any advice where to look for halos because I am about to do my headlights

Looks great! Wanna take some pics with them lit up tho im sure they look even better then.
    2011 WRX DGM Sedan

looks great man, what grills are those?

How did you disable the daytime running lights? Did that affect the high-beams in any way? I'm not sure how they are wired up on the '11. Is there a way you could have used the halos as the DRL instead? Basically, I'm interested in putting them on my '11 (with a similar hue as the HIDs), but only if I can replace the DRL. I don't want them on the parking light circuit and I don't want the halogen daytime lights running at the same time either.

Now that I think about it, I wonder how they would look as a replacement for the pretty much useless fogs on the '11 (useless with HIDs present, anyway as you simply cannot see them period).

I think the halos plus modding the '11 sedan's taillights like I indicated in another thread (replacing turn signal clear area with red so it's more like the 2000 Mustang tail lights) would definitely spruce up the appearance for very little cost and if done well it should look factory.
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

The DRLs on the 2007s were different. They were just the stock HIDs always on. All you have to do is pull a fuse or something for that. They had nothing to do with the highs.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan
    ProcessWest TMIC Cobb SF Intake w/airbox Invidia Catless Downpipe Invidia Q300 Catback Kartboy Short Shifter
    OpenSource tuned by: Matty @ WTF Tuning

Ok I DIG that. Can you elaborate on how the headlight was disassembled and removing the amber reflector? Where'd you get the chrome bulbs that glow amber? And what part of the interior did you paint? Maybe I'm blind but I can't see the difference from mine (but mine is a 2008...)

Thanks!

Jer
    2008 4-Door WRX in Dark Gray Metallic

Quote Originally Posted by MagnumXL View Post
    How did you disable the daytime running lights? Did that affect the high-beams in any way? I'm not sure how they are wired up on the '11. Is there a way you could have used the halos as the DRL instead? Basically, I'm interested in putting them on my '11 (with a similar hue as the HIDs), but only if I can replace the DRL. I don't want them on the parking light circuit and I don't want the halogen daytime lights running at the same time either.
    I've been doin some research since I'm looking to do the same with my car. I dont want to "disable" the drl.. just dont really like the Idea of using the high beam. I've combed over the wiring schematics and there's no easy way to do it at the headlight assy's themselves. The drl circuit has to be broken/tapped after the drl relay but before the dimming resistor. Then separate wiring run to fire the drl replacement. I'm hesitant to cut into wiring on such a new car (mine is a '10) .. thats my only stumbling block. Not sure if the 11's are wired different.. the 9's and 10's are same.. For anyone with a '09 or '10, in the service manual the diagrams you'd want to look at are WI 99-100.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.