LED license plate bulbs pic
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on LED license plate bulbs pic within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My bro ordered these for when I bought the car. We finally got around to installing them today. Fairly easy ...

LED license plate bulbs pic

My bro ordered these for when I bought the car. We finally got around to installing them today. Fairly easy to do in about 3min.
    I also installed the kartboy Sts and bushings on Sunday very nice I must say.

Pic

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Dude, looks pretty good. Clean white light makes it look much better.

Mind posting up the exact bulb specs so others can pick them up? Price?
    Thanks!
    2011 WRX DGM Limited Hatch
    Stink-Eye Mob #408

Cobb AP Stage 1, AEM CAI, SPT CBE, Tint, Red Tail Overlays, V1 hardwire, RA Mudflaps, STI STS, HT Auto Front Lip

been using bulbs from autolumination.com ... they've been working great! converted all interior lights and the license plate lights on my previous mazda.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Not really sure if drawing more attention to your license plate is a good idea or not.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Not really sure if drawing more attention to your license plate is a good idea or not.
    touche
    2011 WRX DGM Limited Hatch
    Stink-Eye Mob #408

Cobb AP Stage 1, AEM CAI, SPT CBE, Tint, Red Tail Overlays, V1 hardwire, RA Mudflaps, STI STS, HT Auto Front Lip

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by katzuu View Post
    Dude, looks pretty good. Clean white light makes it look much better.

Mind posting up the exact bulb specs so others can pick them up? Price?
    Thanks!
    You can find all the bulbs you need here Super Bright LEDs ? 12 Volt LED Car Bulbs
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Yeah not sure I wouldve ordered them
    Myself but my brother ordered for me so I felt obligated to install them. I was thinking it was going to be a lot brighter but all it really did was change the yellow light to a white light. It's not really brighter or it's very minimal.

Not sure where he got them from but I'll find out

How did you access the bulbs on the hatch? I couldn't figure it out as I was looking at it earlier today lol

Quote Originally Posted by tnguyen600 View Post
    How did you access the bulbs on the hatch? I couldn't figure it out as I was looking at it earlier today lol
    owner's manual. just be patient though, it's tightly locked in there.
    2011 Subaru Impreza WRX Limited 5-dr with Navi SPT STS and bushings, Center Armrest Ext, Auto-Dimming Mirror, Rear Cupholders, All-weather mats, Alloy wheel locks and Rear Bumper Cover... Current Mods Stage1, Tint (20% front, 5% the rest), 6K HID bulbs, Nameless Axleback, Moda MD14 wheels with my stock tires, Stock wheels with Himalaya winter boots... Future Mods Speaker upgrade, Subwoofer, Dynamat, Repainting badges to smoke.

Yeah I used the manual it wasn't too hard you have to push down on one end snd slide it. Don't be afraid it makes a weird noise bc the sticky adhesive kinda rips off. Once out swap out lights turn on to ensure they are plugged in right then pop back on covers and back into place. Takes like 5min max

Thanks guys. I ordered some bulbs for the interior and the plate but then realized that I only ordered one bulb for the plate when clearly, I need two lol

Quote Originally Posted by YorkWRX11 View Post
    Yeah not sure I wouldve ordered them
    Myself but my brother ordered for me so I felt obligated to install them. I was thinking it was going to be a lot brighter but all it really did was change the yellow light to a white light. It's not really brighter or it's very minimal.

Not sure where he got them from but I'll find out
    yeah gonna say.. mine were not only a change on color tone but now turning on both map lights is like flipping a switch on the sun lol.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Soo true.

Its actually not even bright just has a white instead of yellow tint to it. If you have seen any of the new bmws its the same

Bump bump. I'm looking at purple leds for the plate lights. Anyone know the particular law on them? Heard it's risky to put em on but not sure. Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blacklight plate leds.jpeg 
Views:	120 
Size:	19.9 KB 
ID:	109194
    pauller
    2013 Stage 2 SWP WRX Sedan
    Invidia Q300 Ti Tip-Tomei 3in Catless Downpipe- Cobb AP w/ Stage 2+ 93 Map-Cobb SF Intake

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast