halo headlights
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on halo headlights within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Angel eyes, halo's, bmw style headlights whatever they are called. I wa wondering if anyone has put them on there ...

halo headlights

Angel eyes, halo's, bmw style headlights whatever they are called. I wa wondering if anyone has put them on there wrx. I have always been a fan and was thinking about doing it to mine. So where can I find a good kit?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    I don't have them personally but you might be able to find them at lightwerkz HID Projector Headlight Retrofit for Subaru, Honda, BMW, Scion and More | LightWerkz.net

Maybe its these you are talking about http://shop.lightwerkz.net/product_i...products_id=16
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Those look pretty good. Thanks

i had a cheep set thay sucked. were not bright at all. low beam you could not see at all. but maby you get what you pay for. if it has a balist in or added thay might of been better. just be carefull what you get. the stock projecter's are good if you car a ford them.

think im going with these they seem pretty good

well after doing some more research i think im going to pass on this kit. they dont have anyway of adhering the angel eyes to the headlight, when i asked them they just said use epoxy. they referred me to there DIY page of there website, which consisted of 3 sentences saying nothing on how to install the kit. and they couldnt even provide me with a pic of what the angel eyes look like lite, so im looking for another kit and i was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on where might be a good kit to get?

Personally, they aren't on a BMW, they look tacky. IMO of course.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

I've seen them installed cleanly on a 2008+ WRX and they look sweet, IMO. I'm not sure why so many hate visual improvements; these aren't ricey IMO when installed to look factory. They're far nicer looking than the stupid half bright halogens if used as daytime running lights. Unfortunately, I have not seen a set wired up to replace the daytime running lights (the whole point of them on the BMWs). They all seem to wire up on the parking light circuit. The only time you can see them the way they should look is sitting still with the parking brake on. If I were going to take the time to do this mod, I'd darn well want a defeat for the DRL and have the angel eyes replace it. The problem is that the daytime running lights are the high-beams at low power, so there may be no simple way to defeat them (if the computer controls the voltage output for the halogens, you couldn't easily get rid of the DRL mode without removing the high beams altogether, short of replacing/bypassing the control circuit with a straight wire switch of some kind to the high beam lever (or adding a new switch altogether).
    2011 WRX Limited DGM Sedan - SPT Catback - SPT STS + Kartboy Bushings - 3M Clear Bra

Quote Originally Posted by Mikie13 View Post
    Personally, they aren't on a BMW, they look tacky. IMO of course.
    +1
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    +1
    +2
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Vez, a local guy around me just did it...and on second opinion, it looks good. He used Lightwerks components which are very good quality.

"Vez Eyes" - 2007 STI - Blacked Out Headlights and Angel Eyes :)
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens don’t wear hats" -Ying

zax
    I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah, but Vez's limited is so badass that he can make it work. I think the angel eyes look lame everywhere else. Much like those "LED eyelids" that ricers are now stealing from the Audis.
    2015 CWP WRX STi ... But how did I get roped back into an EJ motor?!
    Zax's utterly unimaginably stock 2015 STi build thread
    Zax's Shaggin' Wagon Build Thread Now tuned for 99% pure Unicorn Jizz!

Zach | Moderator -- Mid-Atlantic States, Tech & Modifying & General Repairs
    Rollin' with the Bugeye Mafia #302 | N.E.R.D. Subject Zero
    Facebook me here

Your Mid-A local board: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/mid-atlantic-states/

Quote Originally Posted by zax View Post
    like those "LED eyelids" that ricers are now stealing from the Audis.
    Those pretty much instantly infuriate me....
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Hmm, these have potential. For only $37, it's worth a try. I just ordered some.

Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Those pretty much instantly infuriate me....
    +1

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast