halo headlights - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on halo headlights within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; i must say i love the look of the halos on the newer models. for the instal dose it make ...

i must say i love the look of the halos on the newer models. for the instal dose it make you take apart the entire light? never done this kinda thing and kinda iffy on it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

yea you have to split the housings, which isn't hard.

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Has anyone seen Halo's or oracle kits for the 13' WRX ? Im having a hard time finding anything higher than 08' sets

Thanks!

Sorry to resurrect an old thread. Has anyone seen Halo's or oracle kits for the 13' WRX ? Im having a hard time finding anything higher than 08' sets

Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by jcerillo70 View Post

Thanks!
    check out lightwerkz they are here in Jersey
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Quote Originally Posted by jcerillo70 View Post

Thanks!
    Whatever size the 08 use so do up to 14

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    I have an 09 WRX sedan. I recommend you use LIGHTWERKZ. They do amazing work. I sent them a fresh pair of OEM Subaru Headlight assemblies, they shipped them back with XBA LED Halo and I also had the HID headlights put in with the TSX projector kit from Morimoto. I can tell you, their workmanship is great. They do charge, but its worth it. I live in harsh winter conditions in BC, Canada, and not one leak or malfunction. Coming up to 1.5 years installed on my car. Just give LIGHTWERKZ a call. If Caesar is still there...just call him. He is friendly, experienced, and knowledgeable.

Quote Originally Posted by Blammo View Post
    I have an 09 WRX sedan. I recommend you use LIGHTWERKZ. They do amazing work. I sent them a fresh pair of OEM Subaru Headlight assemblies, they shipped them back with XBA LED Halo and I also had the HID headlights put in with the TSX projector kit from Morimoto. I can tell you, their workmanship is great. They do charge, but its worth it. I live in harsh winter conditions in BC, Canada, and not one leak or malfunction. Coming up to 1.5 years installed on my car. Just give LIGHTWERKZ a call. If Caesar is still there...just call him. He is friendly, experienced, and knowledgeable.
    How much did you come out of pocket after buying a new headlight assembly, shipping, and labor?
    The separation, is in the preparation.-Russell C Wilson-

Yes, what's a ballpark price on them doing it?

I Support ClubWRX
    I paid $2K after it was all said and done.

However, I did order a second set of OEM headlights brand new for Lightwerkz to work on. I drove around until I got them, performed the swap. I could saved money and just popped mine out...ship to Lightwerkz and then wait for them. In that time, what would I drive? Cops tend to notice my WRX with no assemblies in the bumper. LOL!!! So that was an added expense.

The result of that is I have a pair of OEM halogen assemblies complete ready to pop in just in case I need to sell, or get in a wreck, or just want to go back to stock. I can do so quite easily.

I am just so happy with the work, and I am sure there are equally talented companies out there who may do it for less by now, I don't know, but while I paid probably too much, I do NOT regret it in ANY way.

I would do it all over again on another car with Lightwerkz if I had to.

I Support ClubWRX
    I did Halo install while I did my retrofit. Luckily I was able to stop by Lightwerkz and they showed me their set up and what I can expect to see while doing the install. I did my install over a weekend. I just took more time with painting the headlight housings and installing my STI projectors.

The install does look intimidating but if you take your time it should go really smoothly. There are more then enough guides online.

You can install it yourself for around $120 with 90mm halos, Koito Butyl Rubber Sealer, Wire Crimp connectors, Paint, and Picture hanging wire
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I Support ClubWRX
    You can install it yourself for around $120 with 90mm halos, Koito Butyl Rubber Sealer, Wire Crimp connectors, Paint, and Picture hanging wire[/QUOTE]

Yea...maybe for you, with the STI projectors. Which are crap by the way. The projectors for STI are terrible compared to what you can upgrade into. I opted to have the work done, yes, but I also paid for expensive and higher quality components. I got TSX-R projectors. My lights project beautifully on to the road. TSX and S2000 projectors were some of the most sought after projectors at the time. In addition to the glass, I got OEM ballasts. I don't know how you came to get ballasts from an STI but they are expensive and it cost me a pretty penny. These components cannot be had for $120. You might score a pair of the D2S Philips bulbs for that much.

I also had them delete the amber reflectors out of my lights. This all costs money. Sure I could have done it myself...but even then, to do it the way I wanted...would have cost me well over $1500.

I also started my project by purchasing brand new OEM halogen assemblies and then shipping them to Lightwerkz. This was a huge added cost but left me with the ability to swap back to OEM by simply unplugging and then plug in.

Not at all possible for $120.
    - Nav Mittal

2009 WRX Sedan running on CONTINENTAL ExtremeContact DW 225/45-17
    COBB AP Stage 2 SF 93+ - Hella Supertones - Kartboy ST Shifter - Kartboy Front and Rear Endlinks - COBB Catted DP - Invidia N1 Street Ti Duals - COBB Turbo Heat Shield - COBB SF Air Intake w/ Box - Morimoto TSX-R HID Retrofit w/LED Halo - DEFI Racer Red 52mm Gauges(A-pillar)

I Support ClubWRX
    The 120$ was for halos only not a complete retrofit. (I didnt realize that the person was asking you about how much your retrofit cost)

I agree the STI projectors are not the best but they provided me with the simple proper HID retrofit considering it was my first time doing it. I would love to install S2K projectors but once I was shown what was involved and considering it was my only set of headlights I was more then happy to go with OEM projectors.

Quote Originally Posted by Blammo View Post
    I would do it all over again on another car with Lightwerkz if I had to.
    I agree that Lightwerkz has great service. Do you have a picture of the light output and cut off?
    Last edited by cflip2x; 07-06-2014 at 02:33 PM.
    2012 WRB 4DR | SPT Exhaust | Short Throw | Rally Armour | WC Lathe Werks Custom TI Knob | Kartboy Bushings | Stoptech Brake Lines | JBK Elements DRL | STI HID Retrofit | XB LED Angel Eyes | GrimmSpeed Lightweight Crank Pulley

CFLip2x 2012 WRB WRX

I also have done 2 different installs of the morimoto 90mm led angel eyes. Got them for about $55 from theretrofitsource.com
    2014 Base WRB Hatchback
    - Dealer Options: short shifter, fog lights
    - Mods: Debadged, V-limited lip, gloss black headlights, Morimoto Angel Eyes

Future Plans
    - Audio, Exhaust, Suspension
    - Keep warranty as long as possible

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123