2011 WRX front bumper cracked
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX front bumper cracked within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Well I'm pretty upset with myself right now. Washed the car yesterday and found a nice 4 inch crack on ...

2011 WRX front bumper cracked

Well I'm pretty upset with myself right now. Washed the car yesterday and found a nice 4 inch crack on the drivers side of my front bumper. It seems to be the "hot spot" for the 2011. I must have had too many low speed encounters with snow these past two months. I'm just pissed because I absolutely baby this car and haven't hit any curbs or bottomed out like an idiot. It's not that noticeable...except to me it's all I look at. I thought I was all done yelling, until I found two nice rock chips on the left front fender...

I guess when I get it fixed my next purchase will be a lip of some sort to reinforce the flimsy plastic. I did some searching around and noticed this is a bit of an issue with other 11 owners. My best advice is preventative maintenance and be careful while parking. I won't go the insurance route because technically it falls under collision and not comp. Not worth it for my premiums to go up. I think I'm going to wait it out for a while until it really starts to bother me. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will back into me in the future. Anyway, here's pics of the carnage and links to the threads I've been reading:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1300567876379.jpg 
Views:	600 
Size:	65.7 KB 
ID:	95989
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1300568008192.jpg 
Views:	581 
Size:	155.8 KB 
ID:	95990

Front lip spoilers on 2011 WRX?
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...php?p=33603563
    http://forums.nasioc.com/forums/show...2108977&page=4

Sent from my Evo 4G using Tapatalk

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

that sucks.

Registered Whippersnapper mustangtx63's Avatar
    ~ Retired Blobeye Syndicate #063 ~
    2011 Ford F-150 ECOBOOST 4x4

U.S. Combat Veteran (3ID) Stu_Gotti's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Dang I've seen quite a bit of these threads lately... sorry to see it, man!
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

Yea there goes the "newness". It had to wear off sometime. My guess is cold temperatures make the lower part very brittle, and when you tap something with just enough force...crack. It's funny because I did a search on this and quite a few results popped up.

I Support ClubWRX
    Yeah I wonder if this will be a common issue with this year WRX... guess when it snows again I'll be extra careful.
    My Build | Facebook | I may appear calm, but in my head I've killed you three times

First thing i noticed when i gave the car it's first wash, was just how flimsy/flexible everything is there on the bumper, you'd think being so flexible would be an advantage, but i guess it's just crap plastic, the rear bumper is no different either.

P.S. This thread had me go out to inspect my front bumper
    Last edited by Black11wrx; 03-19-2011 at 04:50 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    I'll be doing it much more now...

Yea there is A LOT of flex play on it. Kind of makes me a little paranoid.

Ha! Trust me, you're not alone. Whenever somebody posts something up about the 11, I sprint to the car like a little kid and verify what was said lol. After that I mostly just stare at it for a while.

via Tapatalk

I bottomed out pulling into a parking spot with my 2011 a few weeks ago. I hadn't slept much and wasn't aware, really stupid mistake. I yanked the bumper off on the right side, but all that happened was the force popped out the push in plastic bolts, which I couldn't find.

I fitted it back on and it hasn't come loose once since then. I even brought it to the dealer and the mechanic said there was no damage underneath except that I needed those bolts. So, I still need to get some of those push-in bolts. I've looked online but haven't been able to find any. Anyone know where to get them?

Get them from the dealer.

They didn't have any. I'll get them to order some next time I'm in there

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    Well I'm pretty upset with myself right now. Washed the car yesterday and found a nice 4 inch crack on the drivers side of my front bumper. It seems to be the "hot spot" for the 2011. I must have had too many low speed encounters with snow these past two months. I'm just pissed because I absolutely baby this car and haven't hit any curbs or bottomed out like an idiot. It's not that noticeable...except to me it's all I look at. I thought I was all done yelling, until I found two nice rock chips on the left front fender...

I guess when I get it fixed my next purchase will be a lip of some sort to reinforce the flimsy plastic. I did some searching around and noticed this is a bit of an issue with other 11 owners. My best advice is preventative maintenance and be careful while parking. I won't go the insurance route because technically it falls under collision and not comp. Not worth it for my premiums to go up. I think I'm going to wait it out for a while until it really starts to bother me. Maybe I'll get lucky and someone will back into me in the future. Anyway, here's pics of the carnage and links to the threads I've been reading:
    I don't remember bottoming out, but I noticed a few weeks ago that I have a nice scrape just to the right of your crack. (that doesn't sound good.) Anyway, as it turns out, I've got scrapes on both sides. On the plus side, it's underneath, so it's hardly noticeable. I think I might be looking into a lip as well.

This winter was brutal for the little car. I'm surprised I got through it with only a few scrapes & scratches. My clear bra did wonders, but I suspect I'll need to have it replaced in a year or two.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    I don't remember bottoming out, but I noticed a few weeks ago that I have a nice scrape just to the right of your crack. (that doesn't sound good.)
    ROFL!

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    I have a nice scrape just to the right of your crack.
    Sounds painful. The lip sounds like the way to go. I just have a tough time shelling out ~$400 for it when the cost of the bumper is probably just as much, if not less. The New England winter was very unkind to me this year!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.