2011 WRX front bumper cracked - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX front bumper cracked within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 3 years and 34k miles on mine. Finally happened last weekend. Had a couple of scrapes on the underside corners ...

3 years and 34k miles on mine. Finally happened last weekend. Had a couple of scrapes on the underside corners of my front bumper. Pulled into a parking lot with what looked like only a small dip. WHAACK! Another scrape and now a small crack starting from the drivers side underside punched hole (support clip/rivot?) going up just a tad to the front vertical portion of the bumper. I drilled a 1/8 hole at the end of the crack for now.

Thinking of getting a lip, but not sure how much they cover on the front. I assume it will just crack again if fixed, so I may also buy a new bumper for now, unpainted. And keep it for down the road.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine_man View Post
    3 years and 34k miles on mine. Finally happened last weekend. Had a couple of scrapes on the underside corners of my front bumper. Pulled into a parking lot with what looked like only a small dip. WHAACK! Another scrape and now a small crack starting from the drivers side underside punched hole (support clip/rivot?) going up just a tad to the front vertical portion of the bumper. I drilled a 1/8 hole at the end of the crack for now.

Thinking of getting a lip, but not sure how much they cover on the front. I assume it will just crack again if fixed, so I may also buy a new bumper for now, unpainted. And keep it for down the road.
    I just cracked my bumper last week... with the lip on. Turns out it doesn't add anything in the way of reinforcement.

I just said "screw it." and pushed it back together. I see zip ties in my future.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Well dammit. Just dammit.

My cracked after hitting a chunk of Ice I couldn't avoid and ripped off my bumper I have a eBay front lip on it now to hide it but still doesn't look too good
    Front drivers side corner
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Lol, same case for me.. Wierd, mine cracked under water pressure..? I passed through a big puddle, maybe 2 feet of water.. It was a downpour, couldn't see a thing.. Rolled into the puddle at like 5km/h, next day, I wash my car and I see the big split in my bumper.. At the same place as you guys.. Cheap plastic ****..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Might be worth adding an aluminum under tray like the gtspec unit, then add a lip, then you have significantly stiffer aluminum supporting the bottom of the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.