2011 WRX front bumper cracked - Page 5
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX front bumper cracked within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; 3 years and 34k miles on mine. Finally happened last weekend. Had a couple of scrapes on the underside corners ...

3 years and 34k miles on mine. Finally happened last weekend. Had a couple of scrapes on the underside corners of my front bumper. Pulled into a parking lot with what looked like only a small dip. WHAACK! Another scrape and now a small crack starting from the drivers side underside punched hole (support clip/rivot?) going up just a tad to the front vertical portion of the bumper. I drilled a 1/8 hole at the end of the crack for now.

Thinking of getting a lip, but not sure how much they cover on the front. I assume it will just crack again if fixed, so I may also buy a new bumper for now, unpainted. And keep it for down the road.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine_man View Post
    3 years and 34k miles on mine. Finally happened last weekend. Had a couple of scrapes on the underside corners of my front bumper. Pulled into a parking lot with what looked like only a small dip. WHAACK! Another scrape and now a small crack starting from the drivers side underside punched hole (support clip/rivot?) going up just a tad to the front vertical portion of the bumper. I drilled a 1/8 hole at the end of the crack for now.

Thinking of getting a lip, but not sure how much they cover on the front. I assume it will just crack again if fixed, so I may also buy a new bumper for now, unpainted. And keep it for down the road.
    I just cracked my bumper last week... with the lip on. Turns out it doesn't add anything in the way of reinforcement.

I just said "screw it." and pushed it back together. I see zip ties in my future.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Well dammit. Just dammit.

My cracked after hitting a chunk of Ice I couldn't avoid and ripped off my bumper I have a eBay front lip on it now to hide it but still doesn't look too good
    Front drivers side corner
    2012 DGM WRX - Stage Two 93 - Stink Eye Mob #908
    The Epic Life of Emily the WRX

Lol, same case for me.. Wierd, mine cracked under water pressure..? I passed through a big puddle, maybe 2 feet of water.. It was a downpour, couldn't see a thing.. Rolled into the puddle at like 5km/h, next day, I wash my car and I see the big split in my bumper.. At the same place as you guys.. Cheap plastic ****..

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Might be worth adding an aluminum under tray like the gtspec unit, then add a lip, then you have significantly stiffer aluminum supporting the bottom of the bumper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345