2011 WRX front bumper cracked - Page 4
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX front bumper cracked within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; exact thing happened to me a few months after purchase but on both sides. i went the insurance route after ...

exact thing happened to me a few months after purchase but on both sides. i went the insurance route after a few months because i just couldnt stand looking at it.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

UUGGGHHH THIS HAPPENED TO ME TODAY! big dip leaving a 7/11 and scratched the bottom driver side and now have a nice little crack in the bumper... going to the dealer tomorrow for service.. see if anything can b done.

Let me know how much that costs you. Good luck!

I fixed the crack with epoxy resin. sanded down the rough stuff primed puddied and painted damage. Clear coat today. then buffing. cost me about $45

Bought a lip spoiler to help protect it. getting that on Tuesday.

I just noticed that im missing some type of cover on the left side of my bumper. Its on the inside of and directly next to the left fog light. WTF??? how did that come off??? Anyone know how I can get it replaced? (2011 WRX Limited)

I scrape a lot, and hit all debris on the road, Im an Effing magnet for sh*t storms!!!! GRR

Had this happen to be from a semi tire. Cracked passenger side, cracked my fog light and took out my front tow cover. The cover piece cost $280. I haven't fixed the bumper yet or the fog light.

I Support ClubWRX
    @ -Be- What color is your car? I have two WRB ones with clear bra on them.
    Drive Hard, Stay Driven..

Re: 2011 WRX front bumper cracked

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I've had one for a while now.Got a CF look lip through a GB on NASIOC.

Pics here post # 141 Front lip spoilers on 2011 WRX?

I'm thinking of taking it off for the winter.
    Tony, now that you've had your lip for a while, have you removed it for the winter, or are you leaving it on? I think I'm going to finally pull the trigger, now that my bumper has sustained more scrapes on the underside.

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk 2
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    Tony, now that you've had your lip for a while, have you removed it for the winter, or are you leaving it on? I think I'm going to finally pull the trigger, now that my bumper has sustained more scrapes on the underside.

Last winter it didn't snow. So I just left it on. I have scraped the lip a couple of times because of the lower ground clearance. I'll probably take it off for the winter. I may also just buy a used lip for the winter if I find one locally.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Re: 2011 WRX front bumper cracked

Well, I plan to pick up a cheap urethane lip and leave it on year round. Because it's flexible I'm banking on its ability to withstand the winter months. I predict it's going to be wicked-cold this year, but not much snow.

2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I cracked in the exact same spot from the first post 3 weeks after i purchased my brand new 2011 wrx... then someone backed into me and left scrapes on my driver side... THEN a week later, avoided a cat and scratched the left side of my front bumper on a bush... all not too noticeable, the scratches make my car look like its going 100mph graphic wise. any1 know someone selling a satin pearl white front bumper

I ended this winter with a bang! Some brilliant guy decided to snow blow his driveway and throw everything into the street.

I came around a corner and had nowhere to go but through the pile of heavy wet snow. The result is another crack this time on the passenger side beneath the fog light. The whole encounter looked like something out of a Liberty Mutual commercial...oh well. At least spring is finally here!

Thats really sucks man. I joined the cracked bumper club couple days ago. The driver side fender liner came off when doing 70 mph on the highway. I lost some some screws/clips when i took the bumper off a week ago. everything was fine until i went over a slight bump. Epoxyd the back and zip tied it together for now.
    -NAS

2000 AUDI A4 - Totaled
    2001 AUDI A4 - Sold
    2011 SUBARU WRX (LR) - DAILY
    MODS: Pioneer AVH-p4300dvd - 30% Tint - Smoked Tails - Bi-Xenon Projector retrofit w/ DDM Tuning 35w5000k - Fender vent led turn signals - Auto Meter Boost Gauge

3 years and 34k miles on mine. Finally happened last weekend. Had a couple of scrapes on the underside corners of my front bumper. Pulled into a parking lot with what looked like only a small dip. WHAACK! Another scrape and now a small crack starting from the drivers side underside punched hole (support clip/rivot?) going up just a tad to the front vertical portion of the bumper. I drilled a 1/8 hole at the end of the crack for now.

Thinking of getting a lip, but not sure how much they cover on the front. I assume it will just crack again if fixed, so I may also buy a new bumper for now, unpainted. And keep it for down the road.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast