2011 WRX front bumper cracked - Page 3
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX front bumper cracked within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I designed them then knew a shop that had a laser and had the blanks cut out then had to ...

I designed them then knew a shop that had a laser and had the blanks cut out then had to buy a guy at work a lunch to bend them up for me . So I guess you could say I made them myself .

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Rowlem View Post
    I designed them then knew a shop that had a laser and had the blanks cut out then had to buy a guy at work a lunch to bend them up for me . So I guess you could say I made them myself .
    Very nice!
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

Great job!
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB
    Cobb AP Stage 1 - SPT Exhaust - Bayson R Lip - 30% Tints

2006 Honda CBR600RR
    Jardine RT-1 Exhaust - Fender Eliminator - Integrated Front & Rear Signals

2001 Audi TT - Sold

I'm basically in the same boat as you. You can't see it unless you get down and stare but of course I notice it. Subscribing to this thread...

Still waiting for a deer (or someone) to hit me. Anyone up for insurance fraud?

via Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    well, holidays are depressing....a coma sounds like a nice vaca.... I'll go sit in the street, just keep it under 40
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

Deal. Any chance you could roll over the hood and into the windshield? Mine's a little pitted lol.

via Tapatalk

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    Deal. Any chance you could roll over the hood and into the windshield? Mine's a little pitted lol.

via Tapatalk
    sure! get me a bar stool to sit on... I'll swear I don't remember being in the street
    Stink-Eye Mob #39
    N.E.R.D. Operative #8

well it happened to me last night... i pulled into a parking space and there was hard snow at the very front of the parking spot and... crack! I am not a member of this crappy club of broken front bumpers...

mine isnt a 4 in vertical but like a 3 in horizontal. it starts at the same place though... ill take a pic and show in the near future

Front lip FTW yesterday. Another incline pulling into the vet parking lot yesterday and I heard a good scrape that would of been my front bumper if it wasn't for the lip. Got out after to check for cracks and found no new ones. The lip itself took zero damage other than a nice scrape on the underside. With the cold weather I just know if it wasn't for the lip, I would of had a cracked bumper on my hands.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

Quote Originally Posted by tommy_c View Post
    Front lip FTW yesterday. Another incline pulling into the vet parking lot yesterday and I heard a good scrape that would of been my front bumper if it wasn't for the lip. Got out after to check for cracks and found no new ones. The lip itself took zero damage other than a nice scrape on the underside. With the cold weather I just know if it wasn't for the lip, I would of had a cracked bumper on my hands.
    Nice save! I'm looking at getting one, but I'm wondering if it's worth putting on an already cracked bumper.

Quote Originally Posted by djclue8713 View Post
    Nice save! I'm looking at getting one, but I'm wondering if it's worth putting on an already cracked bumper.
    I would think so; It adds more rigidity to the bumper.

Sent from Tapatalk, cuz I can't get enough.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

Quote Originally Posted by AmateurX View Post
    I would think so; It adds more rigidity to the bumper.

Sent from Tapatalk, cuz I can't get enough.
    Agreed. But if you're getting a lot of snow in MA right now I would hold off cause you might act as the neighborhood plow with the lip on.
    2011 WRX 5-Door WRB

2006 Honda CBR600RR

2001 Audi TT - Sold

This is disturbing to read on here and the other forum. I , for one, plan to purchase the ebay lip to assist with absorbing impact because in the DMV area this is bound to happen. I've just been thinking back to how many times I've bottomed out my civic or scraped the guard on my TL's bumper and they have last years. I mean I've had the TL for 7 years and it's been lowered for at least 4 of those years traveling up and down 95, going into DC and even visiting my parents driveway and just lasted. This is definitely something I have to inspect when i my car arrives.
    2012 DGM WRX Hatch // SPT CBE // Cobb AP Stage 1 // 35% tint

I had the same happen to me in the exact same spot about 2 months ago, I hit a pot hole and it cracked. Asked subaru who to take it to and took it to a local shop near there cost me $470 but looks the same way I bought it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.