2011 WRX front bumper cracked - Page 2
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 WRX front bumper cracked within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I'm seriously considering getting a lip.Not for the looks ,but to save my bumper.Its a bit pricey ,but I've written ...

I Support ClubWRX
    I'm seriously considering getting a lip.Not for the looks ,but to save my bumper.Its a bit pricey ,but I've written to some ebay sellers since none of them have 2011 lips.No luck so far.The only thing I've found so far is a rubber lip.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Same thing happened to me. A small plastic piece popped out of the front bumper. Luckily I just popped it back in with no issues.

Also, just for information purposes, my rear bumper got hit in a parking lot. Small crack near the rear exhaust with a 1 foot white scratch. I started a thread "rear bumper replacement...cause hit and run" if you want to check out pictures. Went to Subaru here in Toronto, which has a body shop and they told me that they can replace it or repair it. I guess they have a special plastic welder. Repairing it = $642 + tax. Replacing it is $150 more. I am leaning towards replacing it due to the small cost to replace the ENTIRE rear bumper cover vs just repairing a small area. Would you guys agree?

Quote Originally Posted by MMaWRX View Post
    I bottomed out pulling into a parking spot with my 2011 a few weeks ago. I hadn't slept much and wasn't aware, really stupid mistake. I yanked the bumper off on the right side, but all that happened was the force popped out the push in plastic bolts, which I couldn't find.

I fitted it back on and it hasn't come loose once since then. I even brought it to the dealer and the mechanic said there was no damage underneath except that I needed those bolts. So, I still need to get some of those push-in bolts. I've looked online but haven't been able to find any. Anyone know where to get them?

Quote Originally Posted by rage-wrx View Post
    I'm seriously considering getting a lip.Not for the looks ,but to save my bumper.Its a bit pricey ,but I've written to some ebay sellers since none of them have 2011 lips.No luck so far.The only thing I've found so far is a rubber lip.
    Keep us posted with your findings. I'd be interested in getting one just so it can take the abuse and stiffen things up a bit.

Yesterday I was making a U-turn and the bumper bottom rubbed a small grass berm and the side vent popped out, the fender skirt disconnected from the bumper (that side only)and the small side panel with the "WRX" emblem popped partially off. WTH????? Clearly these bumpers are weak in the extreme and have too much flex!
    2011 SWP WRX Premium
    STI Short shifter w/ STI rear bushing, SPT Carbon Fiber Trunk Trim, Bell STI Radar/Laser detector, SPT Lower Chassis Brace
    2005 Toyota Highlander
    1970 Datsun 510 sedan (first car)

Quote Originally Posted by Fierceblues View Post
    Yesterday I was making a U-turn and the bumper bottom rubbed a small grass berm and the side vent popped out, the fender skirt disconnected from the bumper (that side only)and the small side panel with the "WRX" emblem popped partially off. WTH????? Clearly these bumpers are weak in the extreme and have too much flex!
    Yeah, that stuff pops in & out... When I was having my clear bra installed, I stopped by half way through. He had all that stuff off, and laying on a table. He said, "yeah, it just pops right back in". At the time, I didn't think much of it. I guess it's good in that you can just pop it right back in, but bad when it starts popping out all the time.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

I Support ClubWRX
    Bullocks mate, good luck with everything.

you ever pick one of these up?
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by SRTSamb View Post
    you ever pick one of these up?
    I've had one for a while now.Got a CF look lip through a GB on NASIOC.

Pics here post # 141 Front lip spoilers on 2011 WRX?

I'm thinking of taking it off for the winter.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

I've had one for a while now.Got a CF look lip through a GB on NASIOC.

Pics here post # 141 Front lip spoilers on 2011 WRX?

I'm thinking of taking it off for the winter.
    Oooh I'm jealous. That CF would go nice with my CF matted emblems

I want
    2011 OBP WRX::Invidia Catless DP::Cobb CAI::TP 93 STG2::KB STS::Perrin Sways::

My bumper cracked in the same exact spot too, months ago....

Good thing I took out that deer!! New bumper for me! Wooooo
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Ahh I can only hope I'm that lucky

via Tapatalk

I had the same issue with the bumper cracking after a rabbit collision . I ended up making support brackets that bolt up to bumper and to the frame . No drilling in the frame but I did have to add a few hole on the underside of the bumper . It's a vast improvement to the flimsy factory supports .
    I couldn't do the lip , so decided to go with the support hidden. I will try to get some pics and post them

Quote Originally Posted by Rowlem View Post
    I had the same issue with the bumper cracking after a rabbit collision . I ended up making support brackets that bolt up to bumper and to the frame . No drilling in the frame but I did have to add a few hole on the underside of the bumper . It's a vast improvement to the flimsy factory supports .
    I couldn't do the lip , so decided to go with the support hidden. I will try to get some pics and post them
    Can you post some pics? I'd be interested to see how you did that.
    2011 WRX Limited, DGM; full tint, SPT CBE/STS w/ bushings, RA flaps, Enkei PF01s, Pink SuperTones, and ClubWRX.net stickers!
    My Photostream
    about.me

This is what the look like , they are stainless , and the long flat piece is alum.
    The 2 center brackets use the 2 bolts that hold the belly pan on . And the 2 larger brackets are bolted to the frame , there is 1 M6 nut welded on the frame from the factory that I used to bolt them too.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0044.JPG 
Views:	196 
Size:	232.5 KB 
ID:	101072Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0045.JPG 
Views:	191 
Size:	216.1 KB 
ID:	101073Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0047.jpg 
Views:	189 
Size:	71.7 KB 
ID:	101074Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0048.JPG 
Views:	198 
Size:	113.9 KB 
ID:	101075

I Support ClubWRX
    ^^^where did you get those?Or did you make them yourself?
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast