2006 DRL removal
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on 2006 DRL removal within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I was looking up a way to eliminate the drl's on a 06' and I came across a harness that ...

2006 DRL removal

I was looking up a way to eliminate the drl's on a 06' and I came across a harness that you unplug under the glove box..
    I was wondering if anyone would know if this harness is just strictly for drl's or if its going to affect anything else... I unplugged it and the drl's are off but it maybe kinda seems like the car idles a little differently, I dunno maybe I'm thinking it might so maybe its making me hear things.. I was just wondering what you guys thought.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

while it probably has nothing to do with the idle, i dont think its the best idea to just start unplugging harnesses just because a picture on the internet says to do so. plug it back in, and drive your car around. confirm the idle thing was just in your head. i would then leave it plugged in because DRL's make your car safer.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Im not just going to start unplugging every harness in the car.. I was just wondering if it was going to affect anything else.

i was exagerating to make a point. like i said before, plug it back in and drive around to make sure that the idle thing is just in your head, which i am sure it is. a harness in the glovebox usually will have nothing to do with the engine idle but with electronic accessories. but also, like i said before, its probably not a good idea to unplug any harness (or harnesses) unless you know exactly what where it starts and ends. and definetly dont unplug anything with yellow wiring b/c that is part of the airbag system and it will make your dash light up like a christmas tree.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Well I understand your concern, I haven't set off any lights by doing this. I just don't like the drl's, I've never owned a car previous to this that did have them.. So just personal preference I guess to not wanting the lights on when I don't want them on. But I might just plug it back in and leave it stock.

You could pull your E-brake up ONE click, which will shut off the daytime running lights, and is nowhere NEAR grabbing your wheels, but you'll have to put up with the red "BRAKE" light being on in your gauge cluster, and hopefully you remember to differentiate between one click up and all the way up when you get in the car and try to start going forward. It's safer than unplugging an unknown harness, but idk if I'd trust myself to remember to drop it, then pull it up one click. Your choice, It'd probably be pretty easy to get in the habit of it.
    2006 WRX Limited -Pro-tuned VF-39, STI TMIC, STI factory I/C Sprayer, Throttle body Coolant Bypass, STI Exhaust, SPT Short Ram Intake, SPT Upper Front and Rear Strut Bar, Red Samco Radiator Hoses, STI Trunk, SPT Short Shifter, Aftermarket Rotors, Lamco Turbo Gauge, Catless Downpipe, Hella Supertones, RallyArmor Limited Edition Pink UR Flaps, 35% Tint, Grounding Mod, Walbro 255 Fuel Pump, SPT Heat Shield STI Piston Shift Knob!
    Hawk-Eye Alliance #430

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.