Why are JDM bugeye headlights so expensive?
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Why are JDM bugeye headlights so expensive? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Is it just because they look that cool, and fit really good? I can't imagine paying 00 for a set ...

Why are JDM bugeye headlights so expensive?

Is it just because they look that cool, and fit really good? I can't imagine paying $1300 for a set of headlights... that said Id love to have a pair Anyone know whats up with the outrageous price?
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    All I can think of is that they feature an incorrect beam pattern so people must be willing to pay more...

"JDM" is a bit of an anathema to me, so I don't quite understand the fascination. I also don't know (or care...) about the exchange rate.

If I wanted lights that look like that I'd try to source them from continental Europe instead (not CY or UK, since those lamps would be no better than JP).
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    Man is a brute.... If you're cruel to him, he respects and fears you. If you're kind to him, he plucks your eyes out. Alexis Zorbas
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Yeah I really like the way they change the look of the front end of 02/03 but damn its out of the question for that much money. I guess Ill try out some eyelids on my stockers, sense they fit perfect and already have HIDs. Thanks for the response.
    Chris

u could black out your stock headlights. u place them in the oven so that you can take the lens off, tape off what u dont want painted, spray it back, let it dry, put it back together and put back on your car. im gonna do that to my headlights unless i find a set thats affordable and look nice.

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    JDM are set up for RHD vehicles, the headlights you really want are the EDM ones..

Quote Originally Posted by MainFrame View Post
    JDM are set up for RHD vehicles, the headlights you really want are the EDM ones..
    Ahh thanks for pointing that out. I tried to go cheap with some projectors... wow did I mess up there. Sold them after a week. Only good thing I got out of those was they accidently sent me 2 pairs for the price of 1. They had wiring issues/didn't fit right. Hated them. I guess ill attempt Daddys suggestion... hope it goes well.
    Chris

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    I guess ill attempt Daddys suggestion... hope it goes well.
    Koji Style Headlights (02-03) - Instructions

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    You think JDM's are expensive ($600-1k on NASIOC regularly) try a lightwerkz retrofit....But boy do i love my headlights
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    You think JDM's are expensive ($600-1k on NASIOC regularly) try a lightwerkz retrofit....But boy do i love my headlights
    I have seen those also Post a pic of the front end of your car, you have the same color bugeye I do I wanna see how good they look.

Thanks for the link also
    Chris

I have seen those also Post a pic of the front end of your car, you have the same color bugeye I do I wanna see how good they look.

Thanks for the link also
    Not the best but all i can find on my photobucket

Car is starting to look pretty different, black hellas, soon no fogs, different wheels
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Looks real nice, what did those run you? The black hella's will look better, the red kinda sticks out on the completely murdered out car. Otherwise though, car looks great I think your wheels look good, wish I would have gone with all black instead of my chrome lip. They were the first purchase for the car though, that almost 2 years ago now, live and learn.
    Chris

Looks real nice, what did those run you? The black hella's will look better, the red kinda sticks out on the completely murdered out car. Otherwise though, car looks great I think your wheels look good, wish I would have gone with all black instead of my chrome lip. They were the first purchase for the car though, that almost 2 years ago now, live and learn.
    Ya i definitely like the hellas black. I got rid of my Rotas and got some 17X8 Bronze A-Tech Gear R's and am going with blue lug nuts to change it up a bit. The headlights ran me around $1300 all said and done
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    $1,300 a set for JDMs? Are you sure you weren't looking at EDMs? I remember when JDMs were $700 new.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    $1,300 a set for JDMs? Are you sure you weren't looking at EDMs? I remember when JDMs were $700 new.
    If you can find where they are still at that price new you will piss off a lot of people on NASIOC trying to sell used ones for 1k (some go as low as $600 in decent shape)
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    My rare and immaculate black chrome HIDs were $900 including overseas shipping 2 years ago. $1k for standard JDMs? Hahahahahaha!!!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.