Why are JDM bugeye headlights so expensive? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Why are JDM bugeye headlights so expensive? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; correct me if i am wrong, but i believe the bugeye subbied are rare in japan, so jdm bugeye headlights ...

correct me if i am wrong, but i believe the bugeye subbied are rare in japan, so jdm bugeye headlights will be more money do to this. (i'm probably wrong lol)
    2003 ABP DC5
    1983 Z28 Camaro
    D1GP/Formula Drift/JDM Allstars/Just Drift

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
    correct me if i am wrong, but i believe the bugeye subbied are rare in japan, so jdm bugeye headlights will be more money do to this. (i'm probably wrong lol)
    You are wrong.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    My rare and immaculate black chrome HIDs were $900 including overseas shipping 2 years ago. $1k for standard JDMs? Hahahahahaha!!!
    Not sure what happened to the price Either way im happy with my retrofit
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    $1,300 a set for JDMs? Are you sure you weren't looking at EDMs? I remember when JDMs were $700 new.
    I was looking at EDM HIDs, and yea they were $1300 on the only site I found them for sale. I just tried looking it up again but for some reason google isn't being friendly to me and not loading all the way. $700 is still a lot but you gotta pay for quality so I guess people are willing to take the damage. Im doing the Koji's this weekend when Im finally off work, 6 days of 7-10 hour shifts and 5 days of 1-3 hour classes are killing me.

Edit: I actually was looking at a set of JDMs not EDMs... Look at this crap.http://www.evasivemotorsports.com/Me...&Store_Code=EM
    Last edited by cjm1991; 03-01-2011 at 03:23 PM.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    There are no EDM HIDs.

That site is a rip off.

Yeah I thought after you said something they were EDMs but after google finally starting loading all the way on my phone I found out they were JDM. Best looking bugeyes Ive found on the web so far are all stock ones that were modified, kinda funny.
    Chris

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Wow.... I had no idea.

I'm headed to Japan in 2 weeks. Might have to pick up a set solely for resale potential - LOL
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Wow.... I had no idea.

I'm headed to Japan in 2 weeks. Might have to pick up a set solely for resale potential - LOL
    That would probably be a good idea, they are really cheap there like buying USDM bugeye lights here.
    Chris

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by cjm1991 View Post
    That would probably be a good idea, they are really cheap there like buying USDM bugeye lights here.

Hmmm.... maybe, he should buy up a bunch of USDM lights and take them to Japan for resale. They make, super happy time!

Thats an even better idea... you guys never cease to amaze me. I wonder if USDM cost as much in Japan as JDM cost here? Sorry if thats a dumb question..
    Chris

I Support ClubWRX I Support ClubWRX
    Somehow I doubt it.. we always get the crap over here, but who knows, they might be thinking the same thing. You could probably sell an old pair of 1980s Levi's for $500 over there.

Quote Originally Posted by Trinidrift3 View Post
    2003 ABP DC5
    1983 Z28 Camaro
    D1GP/Formula Drift/JDM Allstars/Just Drift

Supply and demand. There is a low supply and a high demand. That drives the prices up.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.