Red lettering on WRX / STI engraving on side panel - Page 2
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

This is a discussion on Red lettering on WRX / STI engraving on side panel within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ^ AGREED! i will be trying as well thanks for all the responses!...

^ AGREED!
    i will be trying as well

thanks for all the responses!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    My buddy just recommended another way of doing this. It seemed quite brilliant to me anyway and will be the way I do it this weekend. He used to do the touch-ups on elevator buttons.

Take the panel off. Clean thoroughly to prep for paint (i.e. acetone cleaner) Here's the cool part - Don't worry about any taping or keeping a steady hand with that tiny brush. Place the panel somewhere firm so that the lettering is completely level. Use a needle (available at any arts and crafts store) and "inject" the indented area with red paint. Allow the paint to spread and create a thin smooth layer (no brush strokes). Repeat if necessary. Do same with a clear enamel and done.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread
    ProTuned Stage 3ish '11 WRX Ltd HB (SWP) ~ 354 awhp 404 ft-lb tq on E85
    Friends don't let friends drive Mitsubishis.

Quote Originally Posted by lokey View Post
    My buddy just recommended another way of doing this. It seemed quite brilliant to me anyway and will be the way I do it this weekend. He used to do the touch-ups on elevator buttons.

Take the panel off. Clean thoroughly to prep for paint (i.e. acetone cleaner) Here's the cool part - Don't worry about any taping or keeping a steady hand with that tiny brush. Place the panel somewhere firm so that the lettering is completely level. Use a needle (available at any arts and crafts store) and "inject" the indented area with red paint. Allow the paint to spread and create a thin smooth layer (no brush strokes). Repeat if necessary. Do same with a clear enamel and done.
    Can you do a video of this?

Hmm that's actually a really good idea lokey.
    --Anthony 2011 DGM WRX stg2+sf intake WTFtuned \_(ツ)_/

Official Subie owner as of 01/10/11
    Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds like a good idea.It would work if you can get small amounts of thick paint to pass through a needle.I have some experience with needles(its not what you think)and its a bit tricky injecting thick liquids.Let us know how it works out.
    T0ny
    2011 WRX
    2012 FXT

The Big 2011/2012 Mod Thread

Ooh,hang on. That is the throb of a turbocharged flat four engine. A sound which,all over the world,heralds the imminent arrival of a moron - JC.

Well I'm sure you wouldn't be using a needle attached to the syringe. A good small syringe would suffice.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds brilliant, right? I guess we'll see. I'll be our guinea pig. I'll post pics and/or video when I do it this weekend.
    * * PART-OUT IN PROGRESS. SEE FIRST POST. EMAIL REASONABLE OFFERS TO GREG.LOKEY@GMAIL * *

Greg

Build Thread

Yea, please do kind sir.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Just an update, no pics - I'm a slacker, and didn't get around to it this weekend. The Cobb SF intake and airbox install was a little more time-consuming than I anticipated....as was the driving that occured after its install. :-)

Greg

Build Thread

lol. How do you like the intake? Did you get the box too or just the intake? I was thinking about getting that intake when I decide to go stg2.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Love it. Yep, I did the box, too, which is why it took longer than I thought. I went with the AEM CAI at first, installed it, looked at it from every angle for like 5 minutes, uninstalled it, and returned it. I know most say its completely safe, but its distance from the ground just made me uncomfortable.

I should be stage 2 in the next 2 weeks - have the dp, waiting on the cb.

Greg

Build Thread

Yea I'll stay away from "true" CAIs. I hydrolocked one of my previous cars due to the intake being in the fenderwell and all of 8" off the ground.

I really like the Cobb SF intake/box combo, and if I'm going to go with the Cobb dp, I figure might as well stick with the Cobb intake.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by xFalleNx View Post
    Yea I'll stay away from "true" CAIs. I hydrolocked one of my previous cars due to the intake being in the fenderwell and all of 8" off the ground.

I really like the Cobb SF intake/box combo, and if I'm going to go with the Cobb dp, I figure might as well stick with the Cobb intake.
    Great minds think alike. :-)

Greg

Build Thread

i'm not a big fan of chrome but i was thinking chrome plating the side wrx engraving and then having the letterings in red should look pretty sick too. Especially on my black car.

i probably won't tackle that tho, chrome seems to cost a lot of money and i just imagined what it would look like. pretty sure my imagination makes things look better than what it would probably turn out like.

tell me what you think!

IMO chroming it would look bad. There is no other chrome at all on the car. I think it would stand out way too much (in a bad way).

If you really like the idea of it, go for it. There is a chrome finish from a rattle can that you could do as opposed to literally having it chromed.

Stink Eye Mob #87

Bye bye Bimmer
    Hellooo '11 REX

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast