Scoop install issue.

This is a discussion on Scoop install issue. within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I bought a STi scoop but I can't get my stock scoop off. I removed the big black plastic part, ...

Arrow Scoop install issue.

I bought a STi scoop but I can't get my stock scoop off. I removed the big black plastic part, and unbolted all 5 bolts that hold the scoop to the hood. My problem is how do I remove the clip on each side of the scoop. Each clip is held on by 2 small screws.

For those of you who have done the STi scoop will hopefuly know what I am talking about.

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Hmmm... I don't remember 2 clips that I had to take off. There are some weird "screw-looking" push-plugs that I took off.

Did you remove the whole metal air diverter already?
    Aloha, Richard...
    Retired Moderator
    TXS Stage 4 UTEC + TMIC + JoeP
    12.75 @ 105.67mph - 1.74 60'

Excuse my going OT here, but is there anywhere to get these scoops already painted? If not, how much did it cost you guys to have them painted?
    Fahd

Floats like a butterfly and stings like when I pee!

Originally posted by WRXin'
    Excuse my going OT here, but is there anywhere to get these scoops already painted? If not, how much did it cost you guys to have them painted?
    I have seen them in group buys already painted and a few other places I believe, usually only in blue and silver. Just look around, try searching i-clubs vendors and group buys, or naisca or whatever the hell its gonna be called next week.

Alex
    Alex

Thanks, I'll try that. Should anyone know of a specific web site, don't hesitate to post it.
    Fahd

Just stumbled across this painted http://checkout.verisign.com/cgi-bin...&2D1613532&2A1

Unpainted http://checkout.verisign.com/cgi-bin...4341&2D1613528 So basically 50 bucks for paint

Alex
    Alex

Try Rallispec.com
    they have it for 175 painted i think,,i got mine paiinted in black.
    Tuca

MPJ Perfromance has them for $180.

misterx

Each clip is held on by 2 small screws
    Look as these carefully and you will see push in tabs on them when you squeze them they will go through the hole there is also a white tab in the middle on the window side do the same thing to get it through.

You do NOT remove those two screws. The "stud" part has a little push tab - just squeeze and the stud slides out of the hole.

So I take it this install is pretty easy to do? I'm thinking about this as my next mod.

How much different does it make the car look? Does it look a lot bigger from inside the car?

Anybody have pics of their car before and after the install?

BTW: On MPJ's site, they have a "STI Type RA splitter and seal." Does that help performance/anything? Is it worth it?

Originally posted by verbal
    So I take it this install is pretty easy to do? I'm thinking about this as my next mod.

How much different does it make the car look? Does it look a lot bigger from inside the car?

Anybody have pics of their car before and after the install?

BTW: On MPJ's site, they have a "STI Type RA splitter and seal." Does that help performance/anything? Is it worth it?
    The STI hood scoop is a 'plug n' play' mod. Nothing more than undoing some screws, nuts and clips. Should take about 5 minutes.

Regarding the splitter - you know that black piece you have to remove before you can remove the scoop? The splitter replaces that - it's aluminum (I believe) and has "fins" that split the scoop airflow into three "tracks" to more evenly distribute the air over the intercooler. Worth it? For $20 I got an add-on splitter on eBay, but that won't work as well for the STI scoop. For $120, it's a little steep but I do believe it helps the internal temp.

Originally posted by afpdl
    Just stumbled across this painted http://checkout.verisign.com/cgi-bin...&2D1613532&2A1

Unpainted http://checkout.verisign.com/cgi-bin...4341&2D1613528 So basically 50 bucks for paint

Alex
    Thanks a lot Alex

Mister X -- the links that afpdl posted are to MPJ...thanks anyways.
    Fahd