Hella Supertone Install Write-Up + Selfish 2011 WRX and El Camino Update Photos - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on Hella Supertone Install Write-Up + Selfish 2011 WRX and El Camino Update Photos within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; aaahhhh, just received mine today, hopefully hooking em up this weekend! Gorgeous SS!!!...

aaahhhh, just received mine today, hopefully hooking em up this weekend! Gorgeous SS!!!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Good luck with the install!

And thanks for complimenting my original baby...I've had her since I was 14 (She cost $2,000, please don't call me a spoiled kid ).
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by ElVerde View Post
    Good luck with the install!

And thanks for complimenting my original baby...I've had her since I was 14 (She cost $2,000, please don't call me a spoiled kid ).
    awwwww you lucky mofo you!!!! haaaa, when I was 14 I was helping my dad restore a chevelle that to this day I have only driven once, ONCE! haaa, joint is a bad mamma jamma too, buuuut he knows how I drive so its probably a good thing for everybody =b And I don't have a clue how old you are but I definitely applaud the dedication and discipline to not only keep her, but shine her up. I mean 2grand, it didn't look like THAT then did it?

Quote Originally Posted by Smeee View Post
    awwwww you lucky mofo you!!!! haaaa, when I was 14 I was helping my dad restore a chevelle that to this day I have only driven once, ONCE! haaa, joint is a bad mamma jamma too, buuuut he knows how I drive so its probably a good thing for everybody =b And I don't have a clue how old you are but I definitely applaud the dedication and discipline to not only keep her, but shine her up. I mean 2grand, it didn't look like THAT then did it?
    Well...the story basically goes like this:

My neighbor owned this car as well as a beautiful '71 Camaro SS. Suddenly he got the urge to buy a new Audi S4, which meant he was selling his other cars. He sold the Camaro for 35k, and then he had the El Camino sitting in his driveway with a for sale sign on it. I always had a thing for classic american cars and my dad had owned upwards of 10 mustangs, camaros, chevelles, etc. (always 1 at a time...he was a career Navy man). I was able to talk him into it (supposedly the hard part was when he had to talk my mom into it) under the condition I had to pay them back before I graduated High School.

I'll try to dig up some old pictures I might have of when I bought it, but it was not terribly pretty. Original white paint with primered hood and several spots of primer where body repairs had been done. Old Chevy 15x7 rims with MASSIVE 275 rear tires with 225 fronts. I had paid my parents back within about 8 months of getting my license, and then the rest of the money I made in High School working paid for most of what you see in the photos. One of my soccer coaches actually owns a large repair shop in Temecula, so I was able to work for him, borrow tools when i needed them, have access to a lift, etc.

Paint was by far the biggest expenditure. Wheels are 17x8 American Racing Torq Thrust IIs (just like every other musclecar) with 255 BFG G-Forces on the rear and 245s up front. 2" drop spindles along with 12" discs in the front as well. She pretty much looks how I want her to now...the next step is going to be drivetrain with a built 454 (or maybe 496) and interior. Now that I'm out on my own after graduating from college (I'm 21 btw) and sharing a place with a couple roommmates, I don't really have the garage space to do these things. So...sadly...'ol Elky is on the back burner until I upgrade to my own place in the next couple of years.

I fully plan on owning this car for the rest of my life...I'm already all sentimental at 21
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

eh, said it once and I'll say it again, lucky mofo. haaa, congrats brother, you are clearly doing things SIGNIFICANTLY different then I did when i twas 21. take care of business mang!

It's definitely nice to open the garage door and look at something you've essentially "created" yourself. Thank you for the kind words!
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Just Installed these awesome things! I love em, even when I arm/disarm the alarm. I figured it would be super loud when i locked/unlocked it but its just a cool quieter sound, i totally dig it.

I think I did a fairly clean install as well, if I do say so myself. I'm going to post up pix of that later.

Instead of starting ANOTHER HELLA SUPERTONES thread, i figured i would just drop a few pix on your thread, i hope thats cool

I gotta agree with all of those that talked about the crazy temptation of beeping at everyone with these crazy things.

~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.