Finally an HID solution
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Finally an HID solution within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hi Guys. As I research about upgrading my headlights, there was no way I can just have a plug n'play ...

Finally an HID solution

Hi Guys.

As I research about upgrading my headlights, there was no way I can just have a plug n'play kit nor I can find a better replacement bulb. The solution, retro fit the headlight---

I e-mailed the vendor and here are some info's:

Hey XXXXXX,
    Thank you for the inquiry. We've worked with a handful of new Impreza owners in the past to upgrade their headlights with higher performance xenon or bi-xenon projectors. A typical retrofit which involves modifications inside the housing, a bit of patience getting the alignment correct wasn't ideal for your headlights, so just recently we came out with whats called the Morimoto Bolt-on Bi-xenon kit for your car. It includes everything you need to do a full bi-xenon upgrade inside your headlights without any modifications at all.

The kit comes with a set of adapter brackets that will bolt up in place of the stock projectors and convert the mounting points for compatibility with our Morimoto Mini Bi-xenon projector assemblies so all you have to do is separate the housing and perform the easy swap. No cutting, no drilling, no epoxy, no guessing on the alignment, etc.

Below is the parts list recommended for your car:

1x pair: Morimoto Mini bi-xenon projectors (D2S version)
    1x pair: Matsu****a Gen IV ballasts/igniters w/ brackets
    1x pair: 09+ Subaru Impreza mounting brackets
    1x pair: Morimoto 35w D2S bulbs (4300K/5000K/6000K)
    1x pc: H11 relay wire harness + high beam wiring bits
    Total = $330 shipped UPS w/ tracking and insurance

From the outside, your headlights wont really look any different at all, but its what's on the inside that counts of course. the Morimoto Mini bi-xenons will perform significantly better than your stock projectors in terms of low beam width, distribution of light, cutoff sharpness, and will also get you that exotic color flicker look that cars with factory xenon projectors produce.

If you have a few hours of free time, you could do the install yourself, or if you wanted to we can perform the entire conversion for you here in Columbus for $150 more.

If there are any other questions I can help answer, or if for some odd reason this is not exactly what you were looking for - let me know and we'll be glad to assist you. You can either simply reply to this email or give us a call and anybody here should be able to help out in answering your questions or to offer personal assistance making an order.

Is there anybody here that have this kind of upgrade? I was just wondering if I should be concern about,,, lets say everything on the car warranty/wiring/light performance..

Any input/advice is appreciated

PS. I really what to have a good visibility during night driving.

Thanks
    Last edited by Sasquatch; 11-24-2010 at 05:27 PM.
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Now .. thats pretty decent, gonna share the vendor?

a bake/bolt in/bond back together solution with a proper projector optic is about best we can get without changing to the factory sti lights/hardware.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

Definitely worth looking into!

here is the link on their website:

http://www.theretrofitsource.com

Guys, do you see problem with the set-up, from what I've read & from other owners review--- they say it's worth it.

I'm excited, hope they can accommodate my request to have them do everything.. . from pulling the headlight to retrofit to putting it back..
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

A few guys on my local forum have bought parts/kits from there; top notch based on what they've said.
    ...Rob.
    MMVI WRX - VF43 Airboy Tuned @ 3500'

Quote Originally Posted by mudferret View Post
    A few guys on my local forum have bought parts/kits from there; top notch based on what they've said.
    Yup... very customer oriented!
    2011 WRX HB in WR blue

budding audiophile

Nice, now this may be something to look into. Prices aren't bad either .. figure $275-$350 for all the bits to retrofit.. hmm, very reasonable.
    OBP 2010 5dr *traded*
    SWP 2013 FRS
    My name is Shawn, I'm a Devout Practicalist and I'm addicted to flat4's
    This page has had 1,666 visits
    SUCH IS MANGO!

I Support ClubWRX
    Sorry ... I removed the link above thinking this was a spam post.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Ya, those have been out for a little while now.

I Support ClubWRX
    I also have interest in improved lighting. For bugeys with the round fog lamps I was thinking of fitting an auxiliary set of lamps down there; other times I thought about a small round set of weather-sealed projectors fitted somewhere, anywhere on the nose.

These look interesting. If I could find a small weather-tight enclosure for them (I assume they are not weather sealed in an of themselves) they would be a must-buy for me.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    theretrofitsource is actually lightwerkz supplier. They are who i bought all of my parts for my retrofit from. The labor is what is expensive and doing it yourself can be tough. I have seen many lights ruined by those trying to do their own retrofit. However, I LOVE my retrofit
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    theretrofitsource is actually lightwerkz supplier. They are who i bought all of my parts for my retrofit from. The labor is what is expensive and doing it yourself can be tough. I have seen many lights ruined by those trying to do their own retrofit. However, I LOVE my retrofit
    You can do them with the bugeyes? Care to share pics/list of parts?
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Uh Oh View Post
    Cmon man. Do a little bit of research.

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Uh Oh View Post
    you can do them with essentially any car if you work hard enough. There are multiple step by step instructions on other forums. Do a google search, my suggestion, have atleast two sets of headlights, preferably 3. 1 on the car and 2 to use as donors for the retrofit

edit: if you want a parts list, my entire list is on my mods list linked in my signature. That is just one of a million combinations
    2003 Midnight Black Pearl WRX Sedan
    200.7 AWHP Protuned Stage 2 at 5400ft above sea level
    Bugeye Mafia Member #225
    Mods
    Pics

I did a retrofit on my bugeye, and also got my stuff from theretrofitsource. It just takes time and patience. I didn't have an extra pair of headlights, so I just had to go without headlights for a day.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast