Help with 2003 wrx antenna
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Help with 2003 wrx antenna within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; The antenna on my wrx has really been bothering me. I read some where that it is retractable by hand. ...

Help with 2003 wrx antenna

The antenna on my wrx has really been bothering me. I read some where that it is retractable by hand. However mine doesnt move at all. It is just in the open position and just doesnt flow with the look of the car. Is it really supposed to be retractable? If you guys could put up some pics of how or if you have moded the stock antenna that would be nice. Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

There is an antenna delete mod and an internal buy you can buy. I can't remember off the top of my head who makes it. There are a few places you can buy it from. I'll try and look it up later if I can.
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    ^^^Your sig is bull****....
    Quote Originally Posted by Integra96 View Post
    Is that a euphemism for a meat helmet?

yeh it is manual, Have ya tried putting some kind of lubricant on it and a little jiggle and push??, there is also an antenna delete ya can find, just remove the two screws holding it in place and clean it up a little should be abel to re-tract

Quote Originally Posted by p0rnstar19 View Post
    There is an antenna delete mod and an internal buy you can buy. I can't remember off the top of my head who makes it. There are a few places you can buy it from. I'll try and look it up later if I can.
    Thanks that would be great.

Quote Originally Posted by KnightFury View Post
    yeh it is manual, Have ya tried putting some kind of lubricant on it and a little jiggle and push??, there is also an antenna delete ya can find, just remove the two screws holding it in place and clean it up a little should be abel to re-tract
    Yeah I tried messing with it but no luck. It doesnt even look like its designed to retract. Usually the retractable ones get wider and wider as you go further down the antenna shaft. This one just seems to be one size all the way. I will try taking the screws out tomorrow. Hopefully it works, getting really annoying.

Grimmspeed makes the antenna delete plate. Not sure if there are others.
    -Holden
    Bugeye wagon - ERZ Uppipe - TurboXS Axleback - Swift Springs - JNA Lip

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.