Window tint photos wanted...getting mine done Saturday...
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Window tint photos wanted...getting mine done Saturday... within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So...I'm aware of what is legal in California: No tint on any front windows, anything goes on the rear side ...

Window tint photos wanted...getting mine done Saturday...

So...I'm aware of what is legal in California: No tint on any front windows, anything goes on the rear side and rear window.

My request is that anyone who has tinted their windows (any year, any car, I don't care) post photos of their car and/or give me exactly what %tint they have.

I'm pretty sure I'm willing to risk it and go ahead and tint the front windows as well...anyone have any input on that idea? I know I'll be risking a ticket, but how often have you had issues with tinted front windows, and how dark are yours?

Also I'm not sure if I want all of the rears the same, or all of the side windows the same and the rear darker. Any input/opinions are welcome, even though at the end of the day it's my decision.

This is going on my 2011 SWP, photos in my sig.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    2011 WRX Sedan in Satin White Cobb Stage 1+AEM Cold Air Intake
    Click here for my Progress Thread
    Installing HellaSupertones? Click here.
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

my old car ( i dont have any pics) had 5% on all 4 windows and 35% on the windshield. I got pulled over just about everyday. Im from jersey but were not allowed anything on the fronts either. thats why i kept my tint off the fronts on my wrx..it just gives the cops a reason to pull you over for nothing just not worth it

Haha wow...I would imagine 5% would get a lot of attention all the way around!

I was thinking 20% on the rear window and maybe 30% everywhere else...do you have any pictures of your 09 with no tint on the fronts and tinted rears?
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I'm in the same boat as you (2011 SWP, California) and personally I really don't like having the front and rear side windows differ - so I'm leaning towards leaving it as is, or only doing a light tint.

Definitely don't want to give the cops any reason to pull me over.

On a slightly unrelated note, I really want the roof black, and the taillights red, w/ cutout for blinker + reverse.

I've been pulled over for 50% tint in the front windows on my old accord. But when I was pulled over, the cop asked me to roll up the windows, took a glance, and said you're good to go. So I'm guessing this is what you want. 50 or 40% for the fronts (MAX)

Now on the other hand, my Subie has 20% front and 5%(limo) on the rear window/rear passenger windows. Looks great at daytime and sleek at night. But I always roll with my fronts down, unless it's freezing..

Funny you should mention that! I'm actually strongly considering doing a black vinyl on the roof of my SWP sedan. I'm thinking the glossy, rather than flat vinyl, but I'm not sure whether I think I'm capable of installing it myself around the antenna

I'm going to tint first and then, depending on how I'm feeling about it, I'll go with the black roof.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Definitely glossy for me. I wasn't even considering doing that myself until you mentioned it. Are you doing the windows yourself as well?

Quote Originally Posted by mista jc View Post
    I've been pulled over for 50% tint in the front windows on my old accord. But when I was pulled over, the cop asked me to roll up the windows, took a glance, and said you're good to go. So I'm guessing this is what you want. 50 or 40% for the fronts (MAX)

Now on the other hand, my Subie has 20% front and 5%(limo) on the rear window/rear passenger windows. Looks great at daytime and sleek at night. But I always roll with my fronts down, unless it's freezing..

Bah, stupid work filter won't let me see photobucket photos. I'll have to check out your pics at home later tonight.

5% is probably darker than I'm looking to go, but I'm very interested to see your 20%'s....thank you for the response.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Quote Originally Posted by Treat View Post
    Definitely glossy for me. I wasn't even considering doing that myself until you mentioned it. Are you doing the windows yourself as well?
    I'm definitely not doing the windows myself. The guy I found is well respected, been in the business for 20 years, and is coming to my house saturday morning to install the tint. 200 bucks for all the windows, tax and everything included, no matter how dark I decide I want them.

The vinyl for the roof you can buy here: http://www.bmwshadowline.com/

Supposedly it's relatively easy to install and quality stuff...and cheap too! I'm just trying to work out how I'm going to do the area around the antenna. I haven't tried removing the antenna or anything yet...I assume that would be the way to do it.
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I don't have any large images with me but my Sig is my 2009 SWP with 20% all around except for the windshield.

Technically 20% is not legal here in WA but it is really only a secondary offense.

Judging from your sig it looks really really good. I'm just not sure whether the risk is worth the reward. Maybe I should just bite the bullet and go 20s all the way around, because your avatar looks great.

Has anyone gotten a ticket for tint in CA and can tell me how much it cost?
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

I've had 5% all around (except the windshield) and had problems. We've actually been having a small convo on the SWIC NASIOC forums today too.

i live in san diego, and i have had no problems with my tint thus far *fingers crossed*

i did 5% on the rear, and 35 on the front. this is the best pic that i could find. you can see the frnts a bit lighter than the rears, but its not a great angle i can take another one from the side soon if curiosity calls for it.

i tinted the windows the day after i picked up my car, and the improvement in not only looks, but comfort and temperature inside while driving made it the best $200 i have spend thus far on my vehicle.
    Stink-eye Mob #814004
    2010 WRX Limited Hatch - spt short throw...for now

Quote Originally Posted by dbya rx View Post
    i live in san diego, and i have had no problems with my tint thus far *fingers crossed*

i did 5% on the rear, and 35 on the front. this is the best pic that i could find. you can see the frnts a bit lighter than the rears, but its not a great angle i can take another one from the side soon if curiosity calls for it.

i tinted the windows the day after i picked up my car, and the improvement in not only looks, but comfort and temperature inside while driving made it the best $200 i have spend thus far on my vehicle.
    I'd LOVE to see one from the side. 5% on the rear window at least is what i'm leaning towards, but I'm not sure about having lighter fronts and darker rear side windows. That difference is my main concern, so I'd love to see how it looks on yours. The 5% rear window looks great.

And Batto, thanks for the link, it was very helpful. What issues did you have with your 5%?
    ~ADAM
    70 El Camino SS clone
    N.E.R.D. #4
    Devout Practicalist

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    20% all the way around:

(old, but more accurate)

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.