2011 STI sedan Wing on WRX
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 2011 STI sedan Wing on WRX within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got my Wrx back from the bodyshop yesterday...I decided to post this because when I ask the dealer where ...

2011 STI sedan Wing on WRX

Just got my Wrx back from the bodyshop yesterday...I decided to post this because when I ask the dealer where i purchased to car from they said that the STI and WRX use the same Trunk lid, So the Wrx spoiler can be swapped with the STI Wing. They did warn me that there might be a slight issue to the bolt holes.

When the bodyshop removed the factory spoiler, they found a total of 14 holes!!!! Which 11 where on the center of the trunk lid.
    After spending an additional $800 to fill,grind, sand, paint, polish and mount the new wing, Heres how it came out....

I post pictures of my car when it was in the bodyshop and all the work needed to install the wing.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    yep it's been the same with all the other sti trunks from previous years. 18ish holes vs 5ish on the wrx.

cant say it was worth 800 to get the park bench on there, but to each his own.

desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

The factory WRX spoiler which layed falt across the entire trunk had 14 holes. The STI wing they installed had a total of 12 holes which were in a complete different place from the original 14.

Where did you get your sti wing from? I was thinking about doing the same thing

I got that STI wing from the Suabru Dealer i purchased the car from. Retail price was around $375ish but the sold it to me at cost which was around $260. There was only 2 available when they ordered it, so it may be difficult to come by. Also it does eliminate the 3rd brake light by installing the wing. Sti 3rd brake light is another $70. All togther i spent nearly $1000.

Almost $1000? Can't say it would be worth it to me, but it does look super sweet.

sweet~.....thinking of doing the same or wait for the carbon wing
    I like how the wing looks like GC8 version spoiler.....

Your car looks awesome. May have cost a bit, but I think it looks great.
    Chris
    02 Camaro z28 T-Tops, m6 49k miles
    Bolt ons and tuned - 349rwhp/362rwtq
    02 Ws6 T-Top,m6 80k miles
    Bolt ons/Cam/tune - 436rwhp/424rwtq

Quote Originally Posted by Leon98813 View Post
    Just got my Wrx back from the bodyshop yesterday...I decided to post this because when I ask the dealer where i purchased to car from they said that the STI and WRX use the same Trunk lid, So the Wrx spoiler can be swapped with the STI Wing. They did warn me that there might be a slight issue to the bolt holes.

When the bodyshop removed the factory spoiler, they found a total of 14 holes!!!! Which 11 where on the center of the trunk lid.
    After spending an additional $800 to fill,grind, sand, paint, polish and mount the new wing, Heres how it came out....

I post pictures of my car when it was in the bodyshop and all the work needed to install the wing.
    That's amazing! I love that wing...The price for the wing itself isn't bad at all! I would of got the base model WRX without a wing so the install wouldn't be as much.
    Last edited by wrxsti007; 10-05-2010 at 09:59 AM.

Look ^^^^^^^, post #5 has your answer.

Here the pictures for when it was at the body shop.

im new to the forums.. the wing looks great.

would it of been less work to just get a trunk lid from an STI and just swap it? and maybe cheaper?

Thumbs up

damn that looks dirty! im thinking of getting that wing for my wrex too. im thinking of just plugging the holes tho incase i change my mind about the wing
    Last edited by hcancino; 10-14-2010 at 05:41 PM.

I Support ClubWRX
    Clean install

Quote Originally Posted by nostiyet
    would it of been less work to just get a trunk lid from an STI and just swap it? and maybe cheaper?
    Absolutely. The problem is finding an '11 STI owner who wants to do the trade.
    2005 WRX STi (Mods | Virtual Dyno)

Resident Tuner @ WTF Tuning

"Never trust anything that bleeds for a week and lives ..."

UNYSOC

2011 sti spoiler

when you bought that 2011 sti from the dealer, did it come with all the bolts needed to install? and template? also, did it come with any type of padding that went underneath the spoiler against the trunk lid?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.