2011 hatchback roof rack? - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on 2011 hatchback roof rack? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; You are correct, not really sure where I was going with the last post, but regardless the tray slides forward ...

You are correct, not really sure where I was going with the last post, but regardless the tray slides forward to allow for the hatch however there is plenty of room for any bike. I've had my full suspension bike on it, my buddies' 29'ers on there, my road bike, no problems. hope that answers any questions.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Just ordered the load bars, foot packs and fit kit today from rackattack.com. I'm going to use my 594 sidearm bike holders with it. I skipped on the fairing (I sold my 871XT along with my old rack from my old car) since I'm afraid of scratching the roof. I'm hoping the wind noise isn't that bad without it. Otherwise I'm gonna have to get it and put those tacky clear film stickers on the roof where the pads on the fairing sit.

Installed the base rack (Thule Rapid Aeros) this weekend. It was very easy to install, and only a small portion of it contacts the roof (if at all). I will try to get a pic of the spot sometime and post it if anyone is interested.

The wind noise was very minimal, even without a fairing. I used to have the standard flat Thule load bars on my previous cars and those "whistled" without a fairing.

I haven't mounted my 593 Sidearm bike carriers yet, so a fairing may still be required if it's too noisy with those.

Here's the pic of the foot on the roof. Basically most if not all of the force is applied onto the black plastic rail. There's a little lip where it could contact the paint, but there's a nice gap there.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails photo(1).jpg  
    Last edited by Asharus; 04-04-2011 at 11:16 AM.

you don't have the Thule XADAPT9 Adapter Kit in your parts list. I take it you are using it though?

Quote Originally Posted by zeblax02 View Post
    1 460R 460R Rapid Podium Foot Pack
    1 544 544 4-Pack Lock Cylinder
    2 594XT 594XT Sidearm
    1 871XT 871XT Fairing 38"
    1 KIT3068 KIT3068
    1 RB47 RB47 Rapid Aero Load Bar Pair (2 Pack)

does anyone think a 43" aero bar would fit? sure looks like it should and have a lot less overhang. the thule builder on rackattack.com gives you the 47" ones though...

you dont need the adapter kit unless you are using a carrier that needs it. the sidearms dont.

What about faring interference with models that have a moon-sun roof?

Quote Originally Posted by zeblax02 View Post
    Just got the fog lights in as well, now just waiting for the subwoofer to get in stock.
    Attachment 94075Attachment 94073Attachment 94074
    Where did you purchase your fog lights and how much were they?

Quote Originally Posted by mcgrewcasey View Post
    Where did you purchase your fog lights and how much were they?
    they were the stock ones that were supposed to be on the car when I ordered it. When they first started shipping they would just ship over a bunch of cars with random specs and the dealers had to put on the optional stuff either at the dock or at the dealer. They were back ordered at the time on the fog lights so I had to wait for them to get back in stock then have the dealer install them.

i like fog lights and all, but the one bad thing about them is that they are fragile. it didnt take long for one of mine to crack (prob from road debris). most if not all of my previous cars had fog lights, and all of them suffered from a crack, even the ones i put a lamin-x shield on.

Quote Originally Posted by Asharus View Post
    i like fog lights and all, but the one bad thing about them is that they are fragile. it didnt take long for one of mine to crack (prob from road debris). most if not all of my previous cars had fog lights, and all of them suffered from a crack, even the ones i put a lamin-x shield on.
    They just look so clean! any idea where the best place to pick a set up at

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.