Subaru WRX Forum banner

Mudflaps

1K views 11 replies 3 participants last post by  rymaggi 
#1 ·
Okay so i bought the rally armor mudflaps the back installed good used all the slots and they lined up perfectly but on the front i couldn't. Okay so on the outside of the flaps there's 2 about mid way and 1 at the very top and 1 on the inside that you use the spacer. I got the Inside one and the one on the very bottom to line up and screw in. The one on the top and the one middle one on top doesn't have a hole in the side skirt to screw into there's nothing you can screw into unless you drill your own holes. anyone have any solutions? They work and look fine, i just dont want them ripping off i go to Tahoe (The snow) a lot.

#2 ·
The one on the top and the one middle one on top doesn't have a hole in the side skirt to screw into there's nothing you can screw into unless you drill your own holes. anyone have any solutions? They work and look fine, i just dont want them ripping off i go to Tahoe (The snow) a lot.
Solution.

#3 · (Edited by Moderator)
well if i understand your description right. you pull the black plastic innner fender down so you can put 2 of the plastic clips in the holes in the fender lip. put the inner fender back in the put the flap back on. if i also remember correctly u use the hole where the plastic push pins go in not sure what they are called but i think u will understand. i put 2 picks on here so that maybe it will help u get an idea.

#6 · (Edited)
i am pretty sure you should have pulled the inner fender part way out to even put the clip in for the farthest in screw with the spacer. they supplid u with plasic clips that go on to the fender lip there should be holes in the fender lip. you might be able to pull the edge of the inner fender back to put the clips in i dont think u need to pull it all the way out to get to the outer holes. be carful not to stress the inner fender to much they are kinda thin my break. then the screw goes through the flap then the innner fender/black plastic then screws into the clip you placed on the metal fender lip. i cant say for sure if 2 screws will hold it in or not i would try to put all the screws in thats just me. the thing is you paid a money for them and if one comes off cause of not enough screws then your buying another kit to put one flap back on. its your decision/money. if you need more help maybe i could take mine off and take pics to show you the excat locations for the clips/screws.

#9 · (Edited)
1. oem push pins
2. 3. 4. removed oem push pins.
installed plastic clips that came in the kit. these are what i was saying go in the lip of the fender.
5. plastic insert with the spacer
hopefully you can see the numbers i made then bigger
i hope this helps you out

#11 ·
i have an 07. i thought these cars were the same i guess theres one difference. i didnt have to drill any holes. did your instructions that came with the flaps tell u to drill a hole. can you get the other 4 screws into it. if you can 4 out of 5 in the flaps i would say that would deffinatly hold. i wouldnt drill holes unless you get some paint to touch it up so it dont rust. thats up to you its your car. let me know if u have any more questions and how it works out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.