Mudflaps
Results 1 to 12 of 12

This is a discussion on Mudflaps within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Okay so i bought the rally armor mudflaps the back installed good used all the slots and they lined up ...

  1. #1
    Registered User rymaggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacromento
    Posts
    256

    Mudflaps

    Okay so i bought the rally armor mudflaps the back installed good used all the slots and they lined up perfectly but on the front i couldn't. Okay so on the outside of the flaps there's 2 about mid way and 1 at the very top and 1 on the inside that you use the spacer. I got the Inside one and the one on the very bottom to line up and screw in. The one on the top and the one middle one on top doesn't have a hole in the side skirt to screw into there's nothing you can screw into unless you drill your own holes. anyone have any solutions? They work and look fine, i just dont want them ripping off i go to Tahoe (The snow) a lot.

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Pro Manscaper Mikie13's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Palmyra, NJ
    Posts
    20,813
    Quote Originally Posted by rymaggi View Post
    The one on the top and the one middle one on top doesn't have a hole in the side skirt to screw into there's nothing you can screw into unless you drill your own holes. anyone have any solutions? They work and look fine, i just dont want them ripping off i go to Tahoe (The snow) a lot.
    Solution.
    The Hawk-Eye Alliance #90|The Blobeye Syndicate #0|The Stink-Eye Mob #0|N.E.R.D. Founding Member & #3
    2012 Lightning Red WRX Sedan Stock...for now Soon to be OpenSource tuned by: Mattypants @ WTF Tuning
    "If I have 10 ice cubes and you have 11 giraffes, how many pancakes can fit on the roof? Purple, because aliens donít wear hats" -Ying

  4. #3
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    well if i understand your description right. you pull the black plastic innner fender down so you can put 2 of the plastic clips in the holes in the fender lip. put the inner fender back in the put the flap back on. if i also remember correctly u use the hole where the plastic push pins go in not sure what they are called but i think u will understand. i put 2 picks on here so that maybe it will help u get an idea.



    .
    Last edited by Weasel 555; 08-21-2010 at 08:21 AM. Reason: posting attachments
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  5. #4
    Registered User rymaggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacromento
    Posts
    256
    So pull the fender well out and screw into that? you think ill be safe with just two? or should i do that

  6. #5
    Registered User rymaggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacromento
    Posts
    256
    and also thanks for taking the time to take those pictures they really helped.

  7. #6
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    i am pretty sure you should have pulled the inner fender part way out to even put the clip in for the farthest in screw with the spacer. they supplid u with plasic clips that go on to the fender lip there should be holes in the fender lip. you might be able to pull the edge of the inner fender back to put the clips in i dont think u need to pull it all the way out to get to the outer holes. be carful not to stress the inner fender to much they are kinda thin my break. then the screw goes through the flap then the innner fender/black plastic then screws into the clip you placed on the metal fender lip. i cant say for sure if 2 screws will hold it in or not i would try to put all the screws in thats just me. the thing is you paid a money for them and if one comes off cause of not enough screws then your buying another kit to put one flap back on. its your decision/money. if you need more help maybe i could take mine off and take pics to show you the excat locations for the clips/screws.
    Last edited by irvin787878; 08-19-2010 at 03:45 AM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  8. #7
    Registered User rymaggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacromento
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    i am pretty sure you should have pulled the inner fender part way out to even put the clip in for the farthest in screw with the spacer. they supplid u with plasic clips that go on to the fender lip there should be holes in the fender lip. you might be able to pull the edge of the inner fender back to put the clips in i dont think u need to pull it all the way out to get to the outer holes. be carful not to stress the inner fender to much they are kinda thin my break. then the screw goes through the flap then the innner fender/black plastic then screws into the clip you placed on the metal fender lip. i cant say for sure if 2 screws will hold it in or not i would try to put all the screws in thats just me. the thing is you paid a money for them and if one comes off cause of not enough screws then your buying another kit to put one flap back on. its your decision/money. if you need more help maybe i could take mine off and take pics to show you the excat locations for the clips/screws.
    for sure, im going to take pictures tmrw and show u exactly what im working with.

  9. #8
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by rymaggi View Post
    for sure, im going to take pictures tmrw and show u exactly what im working with.
    if u could take some pics that would help out. i will see if i can get one of mine off and snap a few shots.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  10. #9
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    1. oem push pins
    2. 3. 4. removed oem push pins.
    installed plastic clips that came in the kit. these are what i was saying go in the lip of the fender.
    5. plastic insert with the spacer
    hopefully you can see the numbers i made then bigger
    i hope this helps you out



    Last edited by irvin787878; 08-21-2010 at 06:30 PM.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  11. #10
    Registered User rymaggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacromento
    Posts
    256
    right on yea that clears things up. what about the very top one. did u have to drill a hole cause theres not one for me i have a 06. when to a local sooby meet and saw the same deal the inner fender pulled over the side skirt.

  12. #11
    Registered User irvin787878's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Milesburg / Near State College PA
    Posts
    1,218
    Quote Originally Posted by rymaggi View Post
    right on yea that clears things up. what about the very top one. did u have to drill a hole cause theres not one for me i have a 06. when to a local sooby meet and saw the same deal the inner fender pulled over the side skirt.
    i have an 07. i thought these cars were the same i guess theres one difference. i didnt have to drill any holes. did your instructions that came with the flaps tell u to drill a hole. can you get the other 4 screws into it. if you can 4 out of 5 in the flaps i would say that would deffinatly hold. i wouldnt drill holes unless you get some paint to touch it up so it dont rust. thats up to you its your car. let me know if u have any more questions and how it works out.
    HAWK-EYE ALLIANCE #7878
    2007 WRX TR
    My work in progress. http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/off-to...ld-thread.html

  13. #12
    Registered User rymaggi's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Sacromento
    Posts
    256
    Quote Originally Posted by irvin787878 View Post
    i have an 07. i thought these cars were the same i guess theres one difference. i didnt have to drill any holes. did your instructions that came with the flaps tell u to drill a hole. can you get the other 4 screws into it. if you can 4 out of 5 in the flaps i would say that would deffinatly hold. i wouldnt drill holes unless you get some paint to touch it up so it dont rust. thats up to you its your car. let me know if u have any more questions and how it works out.
    No it didnt say anything about drilling. I have work for the next 3 days, Im going to try and set sometime aside to take them off and pull that fender over and see how many i can get in.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •