RalleyArmor UR finally installed - Page 2
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

This is a discussion on RalleyArmor UR finally installed within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; ok, so I got the debadging done. Went naked. Nothing on the back. The dealer tag was the hardest, but ...

Good and bad news

ok, so I got the debadging done. Went naked. Nothing on the back. The dealer tag was the hardest, but the rest came off easily. Thanks for all the help.

The bad, after working on the badges and then waxing the whole car I was really short on time. I started to do the front mud flaps then realized this may be a little over my head and is not something to rush through. So I have a couple of questions....again.

1- Did the clips with no screw head for the side skirt located under the edge of the door just pop out? Do you pry it out with a screw driver? I am just scared to damage the skirt.

2- Did you have to remove the rear tire? I do not have a jack stand or jack other than what is in the WRX, will that suffice?

I think that is it, and I really appreciate the help. I am fairly ceratin if I take my time I can do it...just need a confidence boost.

Thanks again!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

JT7
    The skirts really pop off easy. The clip closest to the wheel does have a Phillips head, the next one back has spaces in which to pop them out. A small flat blade screw driver will help. Really all you have to do is release the inner part and the rest can be wiggled out with your fingers.

You don't have to remove the rear wheel. I didn't but I did lift up the rear to make a little more space to get into the wheel well.

Hope this helps.
    2010 Obsidian Black 5 Door
    - Stink Eye Mob #190

i am hoping to get my flaps on this weekend. using the no drill method....

plastikoted the clips.

i watched the video again and kind of poked around the car and I can't see where this is going to difficult at all.

got to get it done. too much real life stuff getting in between me and my car....
    2010 Impreza WRX 5-door base model + short throw shifter

JT7
    Just to let you know the 2010 no drill method may need a drill. The plastic skirt is longer in the 2010 and so you have to go through a little plastic to make the clip work.

See the bottom of this link

Rally Armor Mounting Instructions

A picture of mine clipped on the metal yet the screw goes through the plastic liner.
    - Stink Eye Mob #190

I just ordered a set of those mats for my STI! I didn't realize they were so cheap. thanks for the heads up.

JT7
    That's funny a lot of people balk at the price (I did for a little). I have learned that you get what you pay for, more often than not.
    - Stink Eye Mob #190

I ordered the mats as well. seem cheap to me to save my carpet...I do a lot of trail running and have 2 kids, so being able to take the mats out and hose off is priceless.

Thanks for the heads up on the mud flap install. That should make them more stable is my guess.

Saturday....car time......

JT7
    I hear you. Kids and sloppy winter weather the main reasons I got them. It's just tough to go $100.00 more than any other mats - sight unseen.

I would get them for every car going forward. Friends of mine are all impressed with he fit and look too.
    - Stink Eye Mob #190

got the mats today and threw the fronts in. when they say digital fit they are not kidding. they fit like a glove and are very nice...and they are made of that softer rubber that is kind of grippy....not a hard plasticy material that gets slippery.

will have to modify the rear mat as i have the under seat subwoofer but shouldn't be a problem...i actually eye-balled it and I am not sure i'll have to cut them....

JT7
    What are the dimensions of that OEM sub? I was looking for that info.

Thanks.
    - Stink Eye Mob #190

Cool

All done!!! Thanks again for the help!!!

Whats next? hahaha I am thinking a light tint or covers for the tail lights?

I got the bug!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails WRX2.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    it's a rallycar bro

Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

JT7
    Looks good!
    - Stink Eye Mob #190

wow...jumped on here this morning to catch up....I ordered both the weathertech mats and the new rally armor V2 flaps for my STI last night. I'll post up some pics when its done.
    vendeta2k
    Accessport + COBB SF Intake = BEST MOD EVAR!!!!!

i got my flaps on last saturday...finally...like em! jacking up the rear gave me all the room i needed and i did have to put a small hole in the plastic flap. it was about a 3 beer job.

my buddy was helping me and he broke the bottom clip in the wheel well on the fronts that you take off to get the skirt off and he didn't know they get replaced and I messed with him a little telling him he just f'ed up my new car, etc...that was entertaining.

I still haven't cut the weather tec mats out around the sub so I haven't got the dimensions on it.....

I may not cut the mat...it tilts up a little but not bad and I think i'd rather have it that way so if some drink spills it will flow back off the sub rather than down around and under it.

I'll get pics up at some point....
    Last edited by matty dread; 05-27-2010 at 01:15 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.