Morette Headlights 02-03
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Morette Headlights 02-03 within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; im thinking about buying these head lights for my 02 rex. i have a couple of ?s. where can i ...

Morette Headlights 02-03

im thinking about buying these head lights for my 02 rex. i have a couple of ?s. where can i buy them from any websites? why is everyone selling theirs is there something wrong with them

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    They have long been discontinued.

I used to have a set, sold them for $650. That was used. The picture above is what they looked like on the persons car that I got them from.

There are more than a few sets around, and occasionally they change hands when people sell their car or decide to go in a different direction. Be prepared to spend some money on them. They are a highly sought after item and command a high price thanks to their rarity and out-of-production status.

They looked crazy on my black wrx. I had planned to paint them but then just put them in anyway.

YouTube - 7-13-08 Angry Bee on the dyno
    Last edited by Micah; 09-30-2009 at 12:49 AM.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

I Support ClubWRX
    thats mine!

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

headlights

I believe those are Morette headlights, made in the UK.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yoopergonzo View Post
    I believe those are Morette headlights, made in the UK.
    Thanks Captain obvious............
    Resident Adviser @ WTF Tuning, LLC
    2002 FORESTER S
    1998 FORESTER S

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Donkey View Post
    Thanks Captain obvious............
    LOL. And they aren't made in the UK.

My old replacement parts had "France" stamped all over the box.

headlights

Sorry but I'm a newbee here and cannot post a link.
    If you go to morette dot com, there are the headlights.

02-03 WRX Morette headlights

im looking for a pair of morette headlights for my 03 WRX
    i preferably want a pair in sonic yellow but will take any color. LMK ASAP
    thnks

I Support ClubWRX
    it would get you further if you posted that in the for sale/wanted thread. However with morettes...... your gonna have to take what you can get.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

I think I am the most recent on this thread to have bought these lamps, they're going for anywhere from $350 with a lot of wear and no paint up to near $800. eBay is where I got mine, like 4 months ago, and after paint and a good set of bulbs I was still under $500. If they're what you really want, be patient. There is nothing wrong with them, they're just a pain in the rear end to service, other than changing bulbs, insofar as to say that if you break one, you had better have some understanding of fine body work, or they are going in the trashcan. Throwing away a $750 lamp set is waste, IMO. A good set with no cracks and clear lenses should run you around $600 in honest dollars for what they are really worth. They are a world of difference from the OEM reflector and lens type, but at the same time keep an eye out for the STi lamps at a good price. If you can deal with learning the intrinsics of HID systems, they are really cool looking lamps. Same with Morette, if you want them, get good electronics for them. HID kits vary, and you get what you pay for to a point, there's a huge sticky here and Nasioc seem to share about decent HID and decent prices, and how companies will rip you off deeply... read a lot, and the lamps will land in your lap.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.