Anybody Debadge their 08-10 WRX hatch? - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on Anybody Debadge their 08-10 WRX hatch? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Sounds good dude...

Sounds good dude

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
    Nah, I hate the obvious.
    It's like all the "Hybrid" badges all over the Prius.
    I think 11 year old girls know the Prius is a hybrid, no badges needed.
    I think everybody who knows even a moderate amount about cars knows the WRX is an AWD car. No marketing slogan needed on the back, no matter how small.

Will post pics tomorrow morning of the back without the badges and AWD junk. Plus I just had the car windows tinted yesterday and the ClearBra put on the day before.

Higher performance OEM like brake pads (low dusting too) go on tomorrow as well.

I just took off the "Coleman AutoGroup" sticker they put on my car and i forgot to tell them I didn't want it. This was a little harder b/c a good bit of glue was left on it. Next time, I'll make sure i use goo gone or w/e that stuff is.

I might post a thread or see if I can find it...but what's the ClearBra? After having my white wrx for one week...i have noticed a lot of bugs and other things on the front bumper. Does the clearbra help?

Thanks
    2009 WRX 5 door White - "wht out"
    1998 VW Passat 1.8T Black - blown engine
    1988 Porsche 944 Black - sold
    1999 Honda CBR 600 - sold

Quote Originally Posted by brbauer View Post
    I just took off the "Coleman AutoGroup" sticker they put on my car and i forgot to tell them I didn't want it. This was a little harder b/c a good bit of glue was left on it. Next time, I'll make sure i use goo gone or w/e that stuff is.

I might post a thread or see if I can find it...but what's the ClearBra? After having my white wrx for one week...i have noticed a lot of bugs and other things on the front bumper. Does the clearbra help?

Thanks

ClearBra protects the car from nicks from debris.
    Obviously bugs still hit the thing and then you need to wash the bugs off the Clearbra just like you would a normal paint job.
    But where the ClearBra is a thing of beauty is from the small and medium sized rocks and debris that fly up and hit the front and hood of your car.

Look at the front of your average 2-3 year old car and the front bumper and 12-14" of the front of the hood are filled with small to medium sized nicks and little dents.
    With a ClearBra that does not happen.

Basically a ClearBra is like clear window tint. But it's a lot thicker than window tint.

They work best on lighter cars like white, silver, etc. But can be used on dark cars too.
    Black cars you will actually see the Clearbra the best, but it's still pretty clear.

For $500 it easily worth it's price in resale value.
    As if I was buying a used car and found two that were essentially identical in every other way, but one had a ClearBra and a nice front end, and the other had dozens and dozens of small nicks and paint chips I'd easily pay several hundred dollars more for the car with the ClearBra.

I wanted to leave SUBARU and WRX but since they aren't at the same height, I left just WRX.

There are lot of letter combos with the badges, like "psi", but I kind of think that's a little lame
    2009 WRX Hatch PP Dark Gray Metallic
    Torqued Performance Stage 1
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

"Supreme Subaphile Extraordinairre" ninefourteener's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Driver72 View Post
    They work best on lighter cars like white, silver, etc. But can be used on dark cars too.
    Black cars you will actually see the Clearbra the best, but it's still pretty clear.

For $500 it easily worth it's price in resale value.
    Gonna have to disagree with you on this one Driver...... Yea, they protect the paint from rocks and bugs.....

..... but I've also seen what they look like after a couple years if you need to remove them.

The paint underneath is RUINED.... and you're going to need a repaint anyway.

I keep a nice thick coat of wax on the nose of my car... bugs come off easily as long as you wash it every every week or two. Rocks? Yea, they may leave a small nick, but I just use touch up paint.

Plus... they are UGLY. On dark cars, they stand out like a sore thumb.... I'd rather have a chipped front end than one of those... thats just me.

They have their pros and cons..... but for me..... I won't buy a car with one.
    2006 Subaru WRX-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine-modifications/165158-ninfourteeners-progress-thread-pics.html
    1978 Subaru BRAT-Thread: http://www.clubwrx.net/forums/engine...ss-thread.html
    2007 Subaru B9Tribeca Ltd (PSM)........1994 Subaru SVX LSi(SOLD)
    WRX 12 sec drag (vs. late model Camaro SS):http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lw0vWdD2cjU
    WRX track racing (catching a stg.2 WRX): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mELeSD1Mi08
    Co-Founder/retired Admin-www.slcsubaru.com

Quote Originally Posted by ninefourteener View Post
    Gonna have to disagree with you on this one Driver...... Yea, they protect the paint from rocks and bugs.....

..... but I've also seen what they look like after a couple years if you need to remove them.

The paint underneath is RUINED.... and you're going to need a repaint anyway.

I keep a nice thick coat of wax on the nose of my car... bugs come off easily as long as you wash it every every week or two. Rocks? Yea, they may leave a small nick, but I just use touch up paint.

Plus... they are UGLY. On dark cars, they stand out like a sore thumb.... I'd rather have a chipped front end than one of those... thats just me.

They have their pros and cons..... but for me..... I won't buy a car with one.

That's cool. They are quite well liked around here.
    The guy who installs mine, installs them on every Lotus sold in LA and he's always doing them on exotic cars as well.
    Currently he has a F430, and a couple others he's doing this week.
    He has several clients who clearbra the entire car.
    He also has accounts with BMW and other dealers.

Few people with low end cars get them, most are higher end clients and cars. If they did the paint and resale bad, surely people with $200k cars wouldn't have them put on. Some are even car collectors that have them done.

On cheaper cars, bumpers are quick and easy to replace or repaint anyway. But for me it's just looking at a chip or small dent in my hood is terrible.
    I've had a nice rock chip scratch and gouge my 2005 Legacy GT two weeks after I got the car back in 2005.
    I never want to have my new cars scarred like that again.
    Now I drive down the road and don't have to worry about that.

Just that piece of mind is worth the $500 too.

(same reason most people with new cars park far away from others. How pissed do you get when you get a door ding?)
    With rocks flying up you can't avoid them, the Clearbra takes away the "fuken A" feeling when you hear or see a small rock fly up and hit the front of your car. That's a great feeling not to stress about it anymore.

boiling water from a kettle will remove the lettering way faster than a heat gun, plus most of the glue as well.

I also decided to de-badge and leave only the WRX, it looks hot!!!
    09 WRX Premium: AP, Perrin Stage 2, Perrin Intake, Perrin SS, Perrin TBE, BC Racing Coilovers
    Pioneer and JL Audio C2, W3, G6600 Stink eye Mob #24
    08+ Owners Gallery, add yours!!!

I didnt heat them up and just used dental floss. It was a messy disaster and took forever. lol
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

This is a quick crappy photo taken from my phone with a little phone app to block out the license plate... i opted to leave the WRX and i think it looks awesome that way.... i also just used fishing line on a hot summer day with no heat or hot water and i can honestly say if you do it slow and steady the glue comes off with the letters..i had no residue or anything left over
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails debadge.jpg  

Fishing line would have worked better I think.

Is that a red line around the rear diffuser???
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Quote Originally Posted by elwray View Post
    Fishing line would have worked better I think.

Is that a red line around the rear diffuser???
    Yes i pinstriped the grille, rear diffuser and interior
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Photo_032709_017.jpg   Photo_032709_018.jpg   Photo_032709_020.jpg   Pinstripe.jpg   RearStripe2.jpg  

if anyone has a rear emblem to sell, PM me
    I would like to repaint it green

Quote Originally Posted by 2w0r0x9 View Post
    Yes i pinstriped the grille, rear diffuser and interior
    I. Love. It.

I did the same to the grill, and also put a line on each crossbar on the roof rack. DEFINITELY going to have to do the rear that looks amazing! Nice job!
    Cobb CBE
    Kenwood DNX5120

Well figured since I was the one who started this thread and I debadged my car like 4-5 days ago, it was time to post a few quick shots I took today.
    Sorry, not picturesque shots by any means, once I get some springs I'll take some nicer pics in the canyons or in Malibu or somewhere.
    Oh I have on 20% tint, ClearBra, Hawk HPS brake pads and the 18 x 7.5 wheels with 50 offset (wish the offset was a BIT more aggressive, like 45-46 and it would line up with the fender wells a bit better, but these are definitely much better than the stockers.
    Oh the pics don't fully do these wheels justice. You can't see that the inside and interlaced spokes are actually a metallic dark charcoal and sparkle a bit in the sun. They just look black in photos.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_0171.jpg   IMG_0172.jpg   IMG_0179.jpg  

Nice work dude, it looks clean. Do you plan on tinting the tails red?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast