Side Skirts
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Side Skirts within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just bought my first WRX. Its an 03, color midnight black. It is missing the stock side skirts and ...

Registered User GarrettKoonsman's Avatar

Side Skirts

I just bought my first WRX. Its an 03, color midnight black. It is missing the stock side skirts and im looking for something to replace them. Any suggestions, preferebly something that looks somewhat stock and isn't super pricey.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by GarrettKoonsman View Post
    I just bought my first WRX. Its an 03, color midnight black. It is missing the stock side skirts and im looking for something to replace them. Any suggestions, preferebly something that looks somewhat stock and isn't super pricey.

junkyard shop... then paint the sideskirts!
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Hammerdown Mod of Thunder josnroh's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    If you were in Ohio you could buy my old stock sills,I upgraded to STi sills.
    Joe/Flyin' Under The Radar
    The Legendary Hammerdown Wagon(sold)
    Bugeye Mafia #337
    2015 Buckeye Boxer WRX Lightning Red[

about how much does it cost from a bodyshop to have sides painted? mine are WRB.....(sorry to threadjack)

Quote Originally Posted by BoXinWRX View Post
    about how much does it cost from a bodyshop to have sides painted? mine are WRB.....(sorry to threadjack)
    definitely check a junkyard first before buying new. The paint cost would be around $150 a skirt, that is Maaco price. I checked with them for my front spoiler.
    Now Maaco quality is only so so, but hell they are side skirts! They are gonna get imperfections anyway from the tire kicking debris from the road. Still should last for a year or two+

(that should include clear coat too)
    Sleeper stylie...gt30 + tmic

now my other question....do you get that little piece of plastic behind on the bottom of the rear doors painted as well?? or do you remove it? do you leave it and just keep it black?? what do you do with that little bugger??

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by BoXinWRX View Post
    now my other question....do you get that little piece of plastic behind on the bottom of the rear doors painted as well?? or do you remove it? do you leave it and just keep it black?? what do you do with that little bugger??
    I painted mine bright green... like lime green-ish. I'll find a picture later and show you. It's pretty slick.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

I think they look good black. Your ride is midnight black or midnight blue? guess it depends if you want flashy or subtle really.
    Last edited by STiled; 04-30-2009 at 11:03 PM. Reason: misunderstood, haha

no i'm talking about that little black piece ABOVE the skirt behind the rear doors.....right next to the whell well

yeah i know you mean, its on the front side of the rear wheel well. On mine it is unpainted black plastic
    Last edited by STiled; 04-30-2009 at 11:14 PM. Reason: clarification

yeap that little bastard, do i paint it when i get my sideskirts done or just leave it there and say **** it?? i know it's held on by an epoxy

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.