Brake calipers
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Brake calipers within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; So I love the red calipers that graced the 2006-07 models, however I'm in an 04. Subaru chose rust silver. ...

Brake calipers

So I love the red calipers that graced the 2006-07 models, however I'm in an 04. Subaru chose rust silver. Neat.

I've seen stuff around about people painting calipers, G2 seems to be the way to go.

I've photoshopped it. But I'm not sure. Will stock wrx calipers just look tacky or ricy if painted red?

Does anyone have pictures of their red painted stock calipers?

I liked the idea, because as I said I love the way the stock brakes on the 06's look, but after photoshopping i think it looked out of place.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think it looks better than a rusty color they turn into; make sure you use a good quality paint and proper preparation work or it will flake off and look cheap.

Yeah G2 is a two part polymer. from what ive seen the stuff is good.

I'm just on the fence on whether to do it or not

I may do mine but in a gray or black color just so i don't see the rust. go with a color you are comfortable with or that matches the car.
    Where do you buy the G2 from?

Quote Originally Posted by corybb View Post
    Yeah G2 is a two part polymer. from what ive seen the stuff is good.

I'm just on the fence on whether to do it or not

Just search it up on ebay or amazon.

I've been told not to get the stuff on anything cuz once it sets it DOES NOT come off.

i have an 04 rex and i did a complete 06 brake swap was kinda pricy but oh man what a difference in stopping power..

I don't think it looks rice at all. The red sets off the WRB very nicely - I'm going to G2 or powdercoat mine if it ever comes back from the dealer (rrrr).

Yeah some of the gold metallic powder coat has flaked off my brembos. You can get these redone right? How do you keep the brembo logo, send to brembo to repaint?
    Sleeper stylie...gt30 + tmic

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.