Spoiler color for Blue Black Mica WRX
Results 1 to 10 of 10

This is a discussion on Spoiler color for Blue Black Mica WRX within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; My 02 WRX didn't come with a spoiler so I looking around to getting one and I looked at the ...

  1. #1
    Registered User Subie_Chic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    16

    Spoiler color for Blue Black Mica WRX

    My 02 WRX didn't come with a spoiler so I looking around to getting one and I looked at the ones at SubaruGenuineParts.com || Where Genuine is Better!. My WRX is Blue Black Mica and the two color options for black on the website is Midnight Black Pearl and Obsidian Black Pearl so which one should I get? Here is the link to it https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...roducts_id=256

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #2
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,684
    I Support ClubWRX
    ive never heard of that color before.

    the colors for 02/03 were: WR blue pearl, sedona red pearl, platinum silver metallic, midnight black pearl, aspen white, blaze yellow, and sonic yellow as far as i know

    if your car is blue black mica, it might be a custom color that a previous owner painted it. just buy the spoiler and take it to a body shop to color match it.

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  4. #3
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,518
    I Support ClubWRX
    Your car is Midnight black pearl.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  5. #4
    Registered User Subie_Chic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    16
    My Fiance's 02 WRX wagon is the same color and we got them at two different places. It was under the VIN the color code and I looked up the color code and it says Blue Black Mica and his is the same.

    Quote Originally Posted by wrxtreme06 View Post
    ive never heard of that color before.

    the colors for 02/03 were: WR blue pearl, sedona red pearl, platinum silver metallic, midnight black pearl, aspen white, blaze yellow, and sonic yellow as far as i know

    if your car is blue black mica, it might be a custom color that a previous owner painted it. just buy the spoiler and take it to a body shop to color match it.

  6. #5
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,518
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Subie_Chic View Post
    My Fiance's 02 WRX wagon is the same color and we got them at two different places. It was under the VIN the color code and I looked up the color code and it says Blue Black Mica and his is the same.
    where did you run the vin?


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  7. #6
    Sammich Makin' Pwincess wrxtreme06's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    orlando flawduh
    Posts
    12,684
    I Support ClubWRX
    i just googled it and blue black mica is only avail in the UK.

    so unless you have some mad tyte jdm bugeyes.. somethin is a little fishy.

    Subaru Impreza WRX STI (2002 - 2007) : RALLYING TO THE CAUSE - Yahoo! Cars UK

    Four colours were available: WR Blue Mica, Blue Black Mica, Premium Silver Metallic and Pure White, the latter two being available to special order only.

    desiree
    your friendly, neighborhood subaru girl
    abbigale : 06 impreza wrx tr: cobb stage II
    hawkeye alliance #11:11//
    wingl3ss @ll!ance #17 // lvl 80 N.E.R.D.

  8. #7
    Registered User Subie_Chic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    16
    The color code was 08V and I looked it up on the web and three different places said Blue Black Mica but on this forum My Fiance saw that they say Midnight Black Pearl. So I guess it is Midnight Black Pearl. I don't even remember what websites they were they were lists of color codes.
    Last edited by Subie_Chic; 02-19-2009 at 09:29 AM.

  9. #8
    Registered User d_smitt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Downingtown, PA
    Posts
    20
    Color code 08V is Metallic Black Pearl on 02 WRX.

    It looks like Blue Black Mica, but under sunlight, it looks black to me. I also own a 02 black, but under a flashlight it turns blue?

    Really weird.

  10. #9
    Moderator T0rque's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    Medford, Oregon
    Posts
    25,518
    I Support ClubWRX
    Yup, the pearl shows in only certain lights. Thats the reason for it. It is a Black basecoat with a blue pearl mixed, at certain angles/lights it will appear to have a blue tinge to it, thats the blue pearl showing through.

    04 WRX had a color called Java Black Pearl, same black basecoat but had gold pearl mixed. Sonic Yellow has a gold pearl as well, WR Blue has a blue pearl. It just gives it a nice effect.

    02-03 WRX stateside is Midnight Black Pearl.


    Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

  11. #10
    UnBanned Sinister's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Denver Metro Area
    Posts
    17,628
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Yup, the pearl shows in only certain lights. Thats the reason for it. It is a Black basecoat with a blue pearl mixed, at certain angles/lights it will appear to have a blue tinge to it, thats the blue pearl showing through.

    04 WRX had a color called Java Black Pearl, same black basecoat but had gold pearl mixed. Sonic Yellow has a gold pearl as well, WR Blue has a blue pearl. It just gives it a nice effect.

    02-03 WRX stateside is Midnight Black Pearl.
    Java black is hott
    Kevin
    Moderator
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

    The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •