Improving bugeye lighting
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Improving bugeye lighting within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I've been browsing the "Bugeye lighting bliss" thread on Nasioc and doing some googling, and I'm trying to come up ...

Improving bugeye lighting

I've been browsing the "Bugeye lighting bliss" thread on Nasioc and doing some googling, and I'm trying to come up with a purchase list. I don't really want to DIY it too much as less DIY time means more driving time to get to the ski areas. I'll DIY some things but this isn't one of them. Labor involved in installing is enough.

Here's what I have in mind so far:
    Philips Xtreme Power +80 9007 bulbs
    Lightwerks bugeye wiring harness
    Hella 500 foglight kit
    Ebay blacked bugeye replicas (for the black look only)
    I also want the clear appearance turn signal bulbs that light up amber. What are they and where can I get them?
    Could also make a driving light bar at headlight level if more distance lighting is needed as well.

Any suggestions or does this sound good?
    2002 MBP 5SP WRX sedan.
    Mods: OEM short throw, Kartboy shifter bushings and Rallyarmor mudflaps.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Replace the stock fogs with Hella FF1000 Driving Lights. They are too bright to use in traffic, and have amazing throw. There is also a Xenon version. The non-Xenon are less than $100 a set or at least that's what they were going for when I picked mine up.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

since you want to hit the slopes, you should consider getting the hella foglights in amber, not white. amber is better in the snow than white light is.

I also recommend the cheap clear covers available. I lost my stock passenger fog lamp to a rock kicked up during a spirited drive in PA with some Mazda forum members. I think Subaru wanted like 284 for one, the Hella's were under $100 which made it a no brainer.
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."

Ok, there's three things that bother me the most:

1. Highway driving with lowbeams because I worry the highbeams, even stock, are bad for oncoming traffic.
    2. Around town driving trying to keep an eye out for the deer that roam near my house.
    3. Dark back roads where there's major deer/antelope traffic.

The stock fogs are near useless, and better ones would be nice for the snow driving. Fog is nearly nonexistent here. Low beams are tolerable at low speeds around town but I need more for when I'm on the highway. High beams are pathetic and I'm afraid to drive the speed limit because the seeing distance is so low.

So, addressing these in order, what's the most economical approach for me? Let's scratch the clear amber turn bulbs and ebay replicas, and just get me safer through the winter.
    2002 MBP 5SP WRX sedan.
    Mods: OEM short throw, Kartboy shifter bushings and Rallyarmor mudflaps.

Just replace your stock fogs with Hella FF1000's and use as needed.

Quote Originally Posted by Micah View Post
    Just replace your stock fogs with Hella FF1000's and use as needed.
    That's what I am doing.

another thing, you can finally blind the people back who have HIDs and don't know how to set them.
    I work on vehicles that make 650hp and 2400ft/lbs.

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.