Thinking of HID kit???
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Thinking of HID kit??? within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Have a 2005 WRX, want to install an hid kit, don't know what route to go, i have been checking ...

Thinking of HID kit???

Have a 2005 WRX, want to install an hid kit, don't know what route to go, i have been checking the eBay but don't know how good those kits are. Will the stock OEM hid kit from the 2005 Sti fit into the WRX, if not what brand name hid kit should i get i was thinking like 5000k looking to spend $200-300.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

In my opinion unless you are going to retrofit in a HID projector, you are wasting your money, and blinding oncoming traffic. The best place to look for HIDs I have found is lightwerkz.net. It's been proven many times though that without the proper projector your light output decreases. I know I am pretty stubborn when it comes to lighting, but this is a major safety issue, for you, and the oncoming traffic

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Unless you're getting STI HID headlights with that, for everyone else's sake, stay with halogens.

Yeah but i see plenty of cars that are from factory that have hid lights without the projectors like the SUV cadillac, and some other cars that i see on the road

Quote Originally Posted by yusych View Post
    Yeah but i see plenty of cars that are from factory that have hid lights without the projectors like the SUV cadillac, and some other cars that i see on the road
    Yes, my wife's outlander being one of those, but the reflector is specially made for the HID's light pattern, and is shaped VERY different then the Halogen reflector for the same model.

Don't take my word for it:

HID Kits on a WRX? Any experiences? - NASIOC

The HID FAQ Thread - Read before posting your questions - NASIOC

Not to mention they are illegal, in halogen housings.

A couple of shots to prove my point... top... no HID projector, bottom, Projector and lots of light

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by yusych View Post
    That is totally irrelevant and has absolutely nothing to with the subject at hand. You don't need projectors for HIDs. Those cars have reflectors designed for HIDs, as does the STI. Your car does NOT have reflectors designed for HID output.

I bought a ebay 10000k hid kit for $75 and installed it on my fogs in my 04 sti. defently improves vision and is low to the ground so its not an issue with oncoming traffic.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by sti2.5ldohc View Post
    I bought a ebay 10000k hid kit for $75 and installed it on my fogs in my 04 sti. defently improves vision and is low to the ground so its not an issue with oncoming traffic.
    Just a warning, HIDs in foglights like to melt bumpers or even set them on fire.

Thanx for the heads up. il keep my eye on it.

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    Just a warning, HIDs in foglights like to melt bumpers or even set them on fire.
    ummmm i have had my hids in my fogs and my projectors and both work awesome and look freakin awesome. and no fires yet......hmmm interesting.
    ------->Live to Drive<--------

I recently put some in my 06 from Xenonriders.com about four months ago. It's a direct bulb replacement took about 15min. looks great I also got some LED's from them to replace city lights and reverse light. Great price and dependable. Phillips bulbs in HID's and came with slim ballast. They come in all Kelvin. i spent less than 200
    Last edited by wrxjdm; 02-05-2009 at 07:46 PM.

Wrinklechops
    hey, that's my pic! i was here first! lol great, now i'm gonna have to switch to something much more unique lol

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMonk View Post
    ummmm i have had my hids in my fogs and my projectors and both work awesome and look freakin awesome. and no fires yet......hmmm interesting.
    thinking of getting a set of 5k for my fogs too just cuz I love how everything looks with my hid's.
    Hawk-Eye Alliance#8089
    MODS LIST

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by CrazyMonk View Post

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.