2009/2008 Premium exhaust tip...

This is a discussion on 2009/2008 Premium exhaust tip... within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Nice and big, the tip looks great, but seems too deep under the diffuser. Apparently the diffuser bumper is longer ...

2009/2008 Premium exhaust tip...

Nice and big, the tip looks great, but seems too deep under the diffuser. Apparently the diffuser bumper is longer than the regular one, but the exhaust tube was left at same length.

Maybe I'm a bit scared because it's my first Subaru WRX (2009), but with time I think this could damage that part of the bumper/diffuser.

Has anyone added a piece of tubing there to take the tip closer to the edge, what length? Does it look better, any problems with warranty/dealer?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I think it's important that all 08-09 owners look into this. After running a few miles, the bumper area over the tip becomes very very hot and I don't think that's gonna be good over time.

At the dealer's tech, the guy agreed the tip should be taken out a bit. We took a measurement of almost 2.75 inches for the top of the tip to reach the diffuser edge over it. Almost 3 inches, think that isn't deep?

For looks, we'll cut just behind the mounting bracket of the tip and weld a 2.75 inch long piece of tubing. That should take care of the problem and look better.

why doesn't anyone answer this question? I want to know as well.

From cobbtuning.com, this is the way the tip should look:

http://www.cobbforums.com/forums/ima...ck_Profile.jpg

That's what I'll aim for.