daytime running lights

This is a discussion on daytime running lights within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Hey I have been searching but cannot find how to disable the running lights on a 2002 wrx. I also ...

daytime running lights

Hey I have been searching but cannot find how to disable the running lights on a 2002 wrx.

I also have a question about those aftermarket hid headlights. how do they look? is there a kit I can use that it completely plug and play?

thanks.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

You can unplug it in the engine bay. If you are in front of the vehicle look at your top left bay area. There should be a small metal box, rectangular shape, that says Caution/hazardous or something of that nature. Unplug the clip attached to it and tuck the wire way. That should disable yoru daytime running lights.
    Can't help you on the hid kit, don't have one.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

Quote Originally Posted by 1trackmind View Post
    You can unplug it in the engine bay. If you are in front of the vehicle look at your top left bay area. There should be a small metal box, rectangular shape, that says Caution/hazardous or something of that nature. Unplug the clip attached to it and tuck the wire way. That should disable yoru daytime running lights.
    Can't help you on the hid kit, don't have one.
    From what I have heard this doesn't unplug the whole DRL, the best is to do it behind the glove box.

how would it not disconnect all of it?
    plus I read that this plug under the glovebox is part of the srs system.
    Last edited by 41922; 07-31-2008 at 04:00 PM.

It does for me, maybe someone else can chime in on this.
    04 Blobeye wagon
    AFE Filter, ebay catback.
    03 RR Evo sold

Quote Originally Posted by Spincycle View Post
    From what I have heard this doesn't unplug the whole DRL, the best is to do it behind the glove box.
    I think d/c from there only d/c the resistor
    so d/c from behind the glove box is where the main DRL unit is

if you only d/c the resistor and install a HID kit you will get problems with the lights turning on

Quote Originally Posted by a14ypzz View Post
    I think d/c from there only d/c the resistor
    so d/c from behind the glove box is where the main DRL unit is

if you only d/c the resistor and install a HID kit you will get problems with the lights turning on
    Truth. I posted the how-to for the glovebox DRL d/c in another thread. Search for my name and "HID Install." That should get you there...

Quote Originally Posted by 41922 View Post
    Hey I have been searching but cannot find how to disable the running lights on a 2002 wrx.

I also have a question about those aftermarket hid headlights. how do they look? is there a kit I can use that it completely plug and play?

thanks.
    behind the glove box will take you 2 min including removing the glovebox if you need to. you can see a pic of mine in the new member hangout i have 10000K i got them at sharphid.com plug and play all the way.
    VF39'd and Clark Tuned
    BugEyeMafia #176
    Basshead Member #3

Helpppp

i have a 2008 impreza 2.5i. my DRL's are my Highbeams just very dim!! My Low Beams are a plug and play HID kit!!! i want to disable my DRL's. how do i do it. i found the Module under the airbox and disconnected it and the DRL's dont come on what sow ever. what this i hear unpluging it car HARM my Low beam HID kit??? and do the 2008s have the glove box thing like every1 else is sayn???

PLEASE HELP