Cost to paint front bumper
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Cost to paint front bumper within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Howdy; I need to get my front bumper re-painted. '02 bugeye, PSM. What should this reasonably cost? (I can't use ...

Cost to paint front bumper

Howdy; I need to get my front bumper re-painted. '02 bugeye, PSM. What should this reasonably cost? (I can't use touch-up paint, it's way beyond that.)
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

I Support ClubWRX
    The "Paint came off in chunks at carwash" bumper ...

I have no real idea. Best of luck - please keep us posted on the progress as it is something that seems like it could happen to anyone.
    Moderator for: Aftermarket Vendor & Installer Review / Detailing Forum / Engine Modifications / Exterior & Appearance
    New Member Hangout / Off Topic / Tri-State
    ScoobyDMC #003 Blobeye Syndicate #10
    2004 WRX Sedan PSM 5MT Tactrix Stage 2+ Blouch TD04 19T @ 21 psi
    Mods & Pics

I Support ClubWRX
    It all really depends on the damage of the bumper. If the bumper cover is in need of replacement your looking at around 380 for the cover and that costs a little bit more in prep and time to paint a new bumper so without seeing pics of damage or anything

Estimated price on repairing original bumper $600-800

Estimated price with replacing bumper $900-$1100

You also gotta think its always more than just a bumper refinish. You gotta sand down and prep the adjoining panels (hood and fenders) and respray those with some color and clear as well. Also really depends how bad the color change is off they may need to blend the paint into the doors as well. Also take into account if this is coming out of pocket you may as well have chips or dings in the fenders and hood repaired as well.

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

LPPT's figures are pretty accurate.
    Scott
    Past Subies - '11 STI Limited stage 1+ and '04 STi stage 2+
    '13 Wrangler Rubicon - custom front bumper w/12k lb winch & off-road lights, skid plates, diff guards, etc.
    '04 Porsche 911 Turbo GT2 clone 600 HP/TQ
    '77 F-150 heavily modded for off-roading

I Support ClubWRX
    names Bo

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    It all really depends on the damage of the bumper. If the bumper cover is in need of replacement your looking at around 380 for the cover and that costs a little bit more in prep and time to paint a new bumper so without seeing pics of damage or anything

Estimated price on repairing original bumper $600-800

Estimated price with replacing bumper $900-$1100

You also gotta think its always more than just a bumper refinish. You gotta sand down and prep the adjoining panels (hood and fenders) and respray those with some color and clear as well. Also really depends how bad the color change is off they may need to blend the paint into the doors as well. Also take into account if this is coming out of pocket you may as well have chips or dings in the fenders and hood repaired as well.
    Thanks for the info; there's no damage just missing paint.
    <---- my cat doing a hawkeye impersonation!

i had to replace mine and repair a fender and got it for 700, but i work at the dealership so it was discounted i think

I recently got my front bumper repainted...it costed 750 but I had to get the right side of the bumper reconstructed as well. The person I went to charges for labor and not for paint so it was not that bad.

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by snowcat View Post
    Thanks for the info; there's no damage just missing paint.
    perfect 600-800

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.