Just De-tangoed and sprayed blobeye :~)

This is a discussion on Just De-tangoed and sprayed blobeye :~) within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; just finished fitting my lights back on after de-tangoing and spraying black really easy to do and think they look ...

Just De-tangoed and sprayed blobeye :~)

just finished fitting my lights back on after de-tangoing and spraying black
    really easy to do and think they look loads better

Before

After

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Couple questions:

-What model year is your car?
    -How many miles are on it?
    -Do you have any protective treatment on your front-end to help protect the paint?

The reason I ask is because your front end looks almost perfect and that is a rarity with Subarus because of the way rocks damage our paint. Very well maintained car, and yes, the blacked out headlights look MUCH better

its 2003 never been sprayed and it has 48k on the clock just got a silver seal on it and put it on every 2-3 months
    can get this done by a valeting company for bout £40
    hope this helps

Quote Originally Posted by fat_boy View Post
    its 2003 never been sprayed and it has 48k on the clock just got a silver seal on it and put it on every 2-3 months
    can get this done by a valeting company for bout £40
    hope this helps
    Well it looks simply awesome. My 04 front end, by comparison, is like the surface of the moon

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by Timdog1650 View Post
    Well it looks simply awesome. My 04 front end, by comparison, is like the surface of the moon
    ^^ sig material
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

like so cheers mate

Headlight removal

First both headlights must obviously be removed.
    The driverís side requires the black plastic air ducting going to the air box be removed to allow easier access to headlight.
    This is secured by 2 x 10mm bolts onto the slam panel. (shown green).
    To remove the headlights, these are also secured by 2 x 10mm bolts. (shown red)

Same bolts for passenger side headlight. (shown red)

On the back of each headlight, nearest the grille side, there are 2 small phillips screws holding the headlight against a bracket, which is bolted onto the slam panel behind the grille.
    i found the easy way was to take off the front grill by popping 4 black clip off top of the grill (shown in red.)

Then there is a big black clip 1 each side an bottom on the grill (shown red)
    once un clipped grill should just come straght out.

once the grill is out if you look to the left you will see a white bracket with a 10mm bolt holding it to slam pannel and drivers headlight.undo this (shown red)

Look to the right for the white bracket that holds the pass side headlight to the slam pannel undo this also.(shown in red)

once these are all undone just dissconect the wires that go to the head light and remove the headlight.
    it will be abit stiff but just be patient and it will come with a bit of wiggle

p.s sorry the pics arnt the best just took them after i had re fitted the lights lol

Splitting the headlight

This is the bit were every1 panics bout the oven and i was no different lol
    first you will need to take out 9 screws from the back of the unit and one of them is hidden under some tape so make sure all 9 are out.
    once all unscrewed i got a normal hair dryer and heated up the join and gently pulled the lights apart bit by bit whilst quickly zapping it with the hair dryer every now and then keeping the mastik soft.

once apart there is one screw holding the silver plastic reflector in the lens.
    undo this and pull the reflector out.and pop the orange bit out and chuck as far away as possible lol

Painting

i then rubbed it down with some 800 grade wet and dry (wet)
    and washed them with some soap and dryed them off.
    i then applied 3 coats of grey primer let it dry and lightly rubbed down with 800 grade wet and dry (dry) and washed off dust and let dry.
    then applied 4 coats of matt black paint and let them dry over night.

RE-Sealing Lights

to RE-Seal just put the reflector back in with the one screw and re heat the lens and housing with the hair dryer and push back together.
    once sealed just screw back together and admire your hany work lol

RE-Installing lights

to put ur light back on the car just reverse the procedure just be carefull of your paint work as they are a tight fit and might require a gentle bit of persauding

hope this helps people any questions let me know i will be more than happy to help you out