Fog lights on an 06 WRX

This is a discussion on Fog lights on an 06 WRX within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Alright I had to replace my fog light bulbs so I decided to take a few shots and throw together ...

Fog lights on an 06 WRX

Alright I had to replace my fog light bulbs so I decided to take a few shots and throw together a little something so here you go

1. remove all the plastic splash guards I believe 4 12mm screws and I forgot how many plastic clips.

2.Then move over to the side splash guard where there are a couple more plastic clips.

3. Now if you look up you should see the fog light and 2 12mm screws

4.Now you can pop out the front cover by pushing this clip out (you can also wrap a screwdriver in tape and pry from the outside but this way is safter and easier)

5.Now you can remove the whole fog light after you unplug the plug.

6. Turn the back part of the light to unscrew it and now you can see the light

7.Now you just pull the wire out replace it and put it back in reverse order.

On a side note... If you are just replacing the bulb you do NOT have to pull the light out of the car I did this simply to show better pictures and show how to remove it in case anyone asked

Any questions feel free to PM me or if I forgot something let me know
    Last edited by Feezor; 02-29-2008 at 10:22 PM.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

What did you end up using for Yellow fog bulbs? PIAA didn't seem to have anything listed for the WRX regarding fog bulbs.

I replaced them with stock ones this was just a tutorial to show you how to change bulbs and how to remove the fog light

Registered User farBeyondDriven's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Slide View Post
    What did you end up using for Yellow fog bulbs? PIAA didn't seem to have anything listed for the WRX regarding fog bulbs.
    I think the yellow PIAA's are called PIAA Ion's. They're expensive, ~$25 per bulb IIRC. I think I'm going to go with 55W Tungsram Gold H3's from Daniel Stern Lighting. They're ~$15 per bulb.
    2006 Panty Dropper

"I want to die peacefully in my sleep, like my grandfather. Not screaming in terror like his passengers."

Quote Originally Posted by Feezor View Post
    I replaced them with stock ones this was just a tutorial to show you how to change bulbs and how to remove the fog light
    Do you know the part number for the stock bulb and how much it is?
    2005 World Rally Blue WRX Sportwagon
    Biatch totalled my 2002 WRB WRX Sportwagon
    I miss my bugeye.
    Image is nothing, performance is everything. All your rice be ownz by us.
    If you're not going to spend your money on women or alcohol, you might as well spend it on cars.