Fog Lights

This is a discussion on Fog Lights within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I need some help. I just installed fog lights on my 06 sti, everything thing went smooth (all parts are ...

Fog Lights

I need some help. I just installed fog lights on my 06 sti, everything thing went smooth (all parts are used). I got the fog lights in fog light switch in, is there a relay switch or something that I need to turn on? The fog light button lights up when headlights are turned on and the when you push the button it lights up the button like its suppose to, what else do i need to do? help....

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by ILOVEMYSTi View Post
    I need some help. I just installed fog lights on my 06 sti, everything thing went smooth (all parts are used). I got the fog lights in fog light switch in, is there a relay switch or something that I need to turn on? The fog light button lights up when headlights are turned on and the when you push the button it lights up the button like its suppose to, what else do i need to do? help....

Ummm... what is it not doing right?

the fog lights dont come on at all. just the switch works

I Support ClubWRX
    Sounds stupid I know but did you plug the fog lights into the wire harness? Are the grounds the proper grounds? Did you install the fuse? Was it/Is it a good fuse?

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

Quote Originally Posted by LPPTundWRX View Post
    Sounds stupid I know but did you plug the fog lights into the wire harness? Are the grounds the proper grounds? Did you install the fuse? Was it/Is it a good fuse?
    everything was plug and play at least thats what i thought. fuse is good there was already one there and it was good. harness for the lights where right behind my stock fog light covers. i tested it with a dummy pig tail and fog lights come on so bulbs are not bad. i think im missing a relay or something not sure.

thanks but no thanks... thought people where more inviting to help a brother in need. i found out what it was there are four things you need for complete fog light kit (06 impreza). hope this is helpful for anyone that is installing fogs...should be the same for 04-05

1. fog light bucket (covers for the fog light)

2. fog lights (duh)

3. fog light switch (switch to turn on and off)

4. relay (3rd relay up... located behind coin tray left hand side of steering wheel. look to the right of the fuse box and there is a 3rd relay thats missing. if thats not there then thats what you need for the lights to come on.)

ILOVEMYSTi - thank you for taking the time to post your solution for the fog lights. I had the exact same problem and getting the third relay fixed the problem. Much appreciated