HID Install-pics & review
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

This is a discussion on HID Install-pics & review within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just got done installing a Prolumen 35watt HID kit on my '08. It went really smooth and they look sick! ...

HID Install-pics & review

Just got done installing a Prolumen 35watt HID kit on my '08. It went really smooth and they look sick! I was a little nervous because retro-fits like these can come out really bad and end up blinding on-coming traffic. Luckily the stock projectors handled the light great and the cut off is nice and low. Installation was so simple. It probably took a little more then an hour to get both lights done. If your looking into installing HID's I highly recommend this kit. The guys at www.bavtoys.com were really helpful and competitively priced. Heres the pics

Blue and black wire feed into a wiring harness that plugs into the stock headlight socket. Cut a hole in the headlight cap to fit the harness inside the light housing.

Mounted the ballasts on part of the frame near the light housing using 3M double sided heavy duty tape. The ballasts are very small and fit almost anywhere

2008 Metallic Gray WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

looooookks goooood.

You might want to waterproof your light caps though, just incase.
    but i am paranoid so maybe its just me haha.

did you get bulbs for your high and low beams? or just ur lows?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance- #2121
    Dirty Crew #2121
    New England F4
    "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

Quote Originally Posted by ajd111 View Post
    You might want to waterproof your light caps though, just incase.but i am paranoid so maybe its just me haha.
    Thanks man. I siliconed around the lights caps, now I shouldn't have any problems.

Quote Originally Posted by Twigman503 View Post
    did you get bulbs for your high and low beams? or just ur lows?
    Just the lows. HIDs on highs will blind people if you leave them on accidently when you pass someone or if you flash someone. I don't think cars with stock HIDs have them in the highs.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

It isn't neccessary to put to harness in the housing, is it?

Quote Originally Posted by fkarkvan View Post
    It isn't neccessary to put to harness in the housing, is it?
    Yeah the harness has to go in the housing b/c its not waterproof. The stock stocket is storred in the housing. The HID kit doesn't even really use a male socket, like the stock headlights, it's basicly two metal prongs (the harness) that u stick into the female stock stocket and then electrical tape. Having the harness in the housing protects everything.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

Thanks, sounds like more work than I'd like to do. Maybe I will just get the silverstar ultras.

looks pretty good, nice job. got me considering getting a set..

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by TRM1305 View Post
    I don't think cars with stock HIDs have them in the highs.
    some do, some don't..

IE. toyota Prius (l/h), Infinity (l/h on some, like QX45), E46 (l, no h), etc..
    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

i was thinkin about gettin the fog lights hids also....good idea? bad idea? what size do you think would fit in an 07 WRX wagon?
    Hawk-Eye Alliance- #2121
    Dirty Crew #2121
    New England F4
    "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

Quote Originally Posted by Twigman503 View Post
    i was thinkin about gettin the fog lights hids also....good idea? bad idea? what size do you think would fit in an 07 WRX wagon?
    Now that I have HID headlights I want the fog lights to match. When I have the headlights and the fogs on together it just doesn't look right. Installation wise the fog lights don't seem that accessible though. I think you definitely would have to be under the car and I don't know if there is room to mount ballast and ignitors. This kinda sucks b/c the headlights were so easy to install. As far as the bulb size for your 07 it should be in the owners manual. Let me know if you end up getting them.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

I think i might just put covers on em....cheaper...easier....sounds good to me =D
    Hawk-Eye Alliance- #2121
    Dirty Crew #2121
    New England F4

You screwed up with the dust caps. Head over to the dealer and pick up a new set for like 15 bucks. Drill out a hole just big enough to fit the wires through but a bit smaller than that rubber gasket thing. Use that rubber donut thing to seal everything in. It makes the whole thing like 10x cleaner and will do a good job protecting your headlight housing from water.
    2007 OBP WRX LTD
    Cobb Accessport v2 Stage 2
    McCulloch 5000K HIDs h7
    DDM Slim 3000K HIDs h3
    HKS Carbon-Ti Exhaust
    Whiteline 24mm adj. FSB
    Invidia v2 bellmouth downpipe
    Pioneer Avic-D3 w/ CD-I200 Ipod cable & CD-R55 remote

Quote Originally Posted by heyitznosaj View Post
    You screwed up with the dust caps. Head over to the dealer and pick up a new set for like 15 bucks. Drill out a hole just big enough to fit the wires through but a bit smaller than that rubber gasket thing. Use that rubber donut thing to seal everything in. It makes the whole thing like 10x cleaner and will do a good job protecting your headlight housing from water.
    Yeah dude once I finished I realized what I did. I will probably end up doing that at some point. Kinda pist at myself for not catching that and not doing it right the first time.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

Anybody know the official name for those: light caps, covers, dust caps?? I'm trying to looking for a replacement set on Subaru Genuine Parts but came seem to find them b/c I don't think I have the right name.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast