HID Install-pics & review - Page 3
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

This is a discussion on HID Install-pics & review within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Originally Posted by grifter_cm TRM..looks good. One question tho. Did you have to disable the DRL's in order to get ...

Quote Originally Posted by grifter_cm View Post
    TRM..looks good. One question tho. Did you have to disable the DRL's in order to get the HID's to work properly? or are they fine with them still connected.
    Fortunately I didn't have to disable the DRLs and my HIDs work good. I know the DRLs on pervious models have been an issue with HIDs. The 08's use the high beam bulb to produce the DRL. Maybe that's why it was a non-issue for me.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Fog HID

Quote Originally Posted by TRM1305 View Post
    Now that I have HID headlights I want the fog lights to match. When I have the headlights and the fogs on together it just doesn't look right. Installation wise the fog lights don't seem that accessible though. I think you definitely would have to be under the car and I don't know if there is room to mount ballast and ignitors. This kinda sucks b/c the headlights were so easy to install. As far as the bulb size for your 07 it should be in the owners manual. Let me know if you end up getting them.
    I just traded in an 05 tC that I had setup with 8K low beams and fog lights with 125W PIAA high beams. I had the car rigged so that I could have all six running (not legal but very effective) which was about the same as driving at lunch time. However, putting the HID's in the fog lights required putting the car on a light and taking apart the bottom of the car to gain access. I haven't attempted this on the 08 WRX I just picked up as of yet but as some point I hope to get there. The fight lights didn't add much for visibility in regards to distance. Helped slightly with the ditch and up close objects. I would caution that depending on how flush the mount goes in there may be some aim issues to be dealt with. On my tC my fog lights would get be flashed now and again by truckers since they were a bit high but I had the adjusted as low as could be moved. Just some food for thought.

I got a notto SE hid conversion kit.....its a 8000k? not sure but looks nice ill post pics on my install.

Banned
    I Support ClubWRX
    The HIDs in the OP are horrid. MASSIVE amounts of glare.

HID kit aside, i want to put a nvidia DP and SPT catback any opinions???

^

Wow, talk about thread jacking!

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by ongii View Post
    How about you start your own damned thread.
    Kevin
    Sinister's Blowoff Valve FAQ
    WRX Gas Mileage FAQ
    Sinister's Progress Thread - 430whp 429wtq - Sold
    Firearms Enthusiasts Thread

The Sheriff's Star at the bottom left corner rates a user's reputation.
    If you found a user's post to be helpful or quite the opposite, please make it known to them by clicking the Star!

Quote Originally Posted by ongii View Post
    -kyle
    bugeyemafia#126
    VF39'd, Bailey-tuned! 280.07whp 250.05wtq

Quote Originally Posted by brfatal View Post
    the hids in the op are horrid. Massive amounts of glare.
    +1

Quote Originally Posted by taerron View Post
    +1
    This thread has surprisingly good Google rank, so I think it's worth adding here that this is a terrible idea.
    The halogen projectors should not be used for HIDs. Debate it all you want, but please don't do it.

I've always heard great things about The Retrofit Source - not sure what size or spec fits the WRX, but they're a good price for a great product.

Quote Originally Posted by craighoog View Post
    This thread has surprisingly good Google rank, so I think it's worth adding here that this is a terrible idea.
    The halogen projectors should not be used for HIDs. Debate it all you want, but please don't do it.

I've always heard great things about The Retrofit Source - not sure what size or spec fits the WRX, but they're a good price for a great product.
    Curious how a 4 year old thread would be ranked highly on google! There are many more, and more recent, threads in which the ill-advised idea of popping HIDs into reflector housings has been thoroughly derided.
    - Will
    First Mods: What to do and what not to do
    Current Car: 2014 Golf TDI
    Previous Cars:2012 WRB WRX Hatch, 2004 RSX-S, 1998 Grand Prix GTP
    "Isn't it amazing how smart you feel when you just aren't being stupid?"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123