HID Install-pics & review - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 41

This is a discussion on HID Install-pics & review within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; How well did the bulbs fit in the stock sockets?...

  1. #16
    Resident meany-rator 06wrx4me's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Nor Cal
    Posts
    11,405
    I Support ClubWRX
    How well did the bulbs fit in the stock sockets?
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

    06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

    COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

  2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements
     

  3. #17
    Registered User TRM1305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by 06wrx4me View Post
    How well did the bulbs fit in the stock sockets?
    Perfect. They locked in exactly like the stock bulbs. The base of the stock bulb and HID bulb were identical.
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

  4. #18
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    Posts
    10
    no offense, but those look like garbage. See all the glare above the cutoff? The hotspots in the lights, and the width isn't desirable. I mean, if you just want the cool HID look, then that's cool, but it's at the expense of oncomming traffic.
    07 WRX
    Stage Slow

  5. #19
    Geriatric Ginger Mod Rogan's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    behind the wheel
    Posts
    8,188
    I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by neowned View Post
    no offense, but those look like garbage. See all the glare above the cutoff? The hotspots in the lights, and the width isn't desirable. I mean, if you just want the cool HID look, then that's cool, but it's at the expense of oncomming traffic.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=stF2mXucm_w

    Rogan o_0
    '96 Dodge 2500 CTD @ 40psi - over 700 lb/ft TQ, 7" stack, and 5speed! - SOLD
    '01 Dodge 2500 CTD 6-holed hand-shaker - 3850# dual disk - 900 lb/ft - SOLD
    '97 Dodge 3500 CTD DUALLY built Auto - 40psi boosties - 750 lb/ft

  6. #20
    Registered User TRM1305's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    New York
    Posts
    305
    Quote Originally Posted by neowned View Post
    no offense, but those look like garbage. See all the glare above the cutoff? The hotspots in the lights, and the width isn't desirable. I mean, if you just want the cool HID look, then that's cool, but it's at the expense of oncomming traffic.


    No offense, but your clueless. Glare above the cutoff??? First off they're being reflected on a white wall and any headlight has residual light above the cutoff. Mine are so minimal its less then a flashlight. They are very comparable to Infinity's M45 headlights, I've lined them up side by side. The hotspots in the light huh ??? And as far as "the cool HID look" thats the last think I was going for. I wanted a brighter more intense headlight that lit up more of the road. These accomplished just that. I have never been flashed by anyone and have tested them out passing friends who said the light wasn't effecting their vision at all.

    It's all good though dude, your the man!!
    2008 Metallic Gray WRX

  7. #21
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    Posts
    10
    Quote Originally Posted by TRM1305 View Post


    No offense, but your clueless. Glare above the cutoff??? First off they're being reflected on a white wall and any headlight has residual light above the cutoff. Mine are so minimal its less then a flashlight. They are very comparable to Infinity's M45 headlights, I've lined them up side by side. The hotspots in the light huh ??? And as far as "the cool HID look" thats the last think I was going for. I wanted a brighter more intense headlight that lit up more of the road. These accomplished just that. I have never been flashed by anyone and have tested them out passing friends who said the light wasn't effecting their vision at all.

    It's all good though dude, your the man!!

    So you're telling me in your cutoff pics, you don't see the browning or where the hotspots are?

    Im sorry, but when I was aiming my tsx projectors on a white wall, the top part where the cutoff was was black as night.

    If you just wanted a "brighter" light, you should have stuck to halogens, being that's what your projector is designed for.
    07 WRX
    Stage Slow

  8. #22
    Registered User TWBarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sammamish, WA
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by Twigman503 View Post
    did you get bulbs for your high and low beams? or just ur lows?
    The only cars that have an HID hi-beam are some BMWs and Infinitys that have what they call a "bi-xenon" projector.

    In truth, those systems use one bulb. Because of the way that HIDs work, you can't use a different HID bulb for high beams; they take about a half second to a second to flicker on and power up. Try flashing your highs at someone while they are trying to fire up

    The way the bi-xenon projectors work is actually pretty ingenious. There is a small solenoid that is connected to the shield (the piece of metal that creates the sharp cut-off line associated with projectors), and when you flip your hi-beams on, the shield is moved slightly, changing the light pattern on your low-beams to hi-beams. A lot of the E46s on the road are equipped with these, as well as the FX-series Infinitys.
    --Thomas Barrett--
    2005 OBP 2.5RS Sedan 5sp - 11k miles - Blobeye Syndicate #37
    ......IN THE BODY SHOP (she got punched in the eye)

  9. #23
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25
    is a kit required to install HID on an 07 rex? i wanted to buy some off of this guy who totaled his car for cheap...

  10. #24
    Registered User TWBarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sammamish, WA
    Posts
    114
    If by 'kit' you mean a set of bulbs and ballasts, then yes. Make sure they are D2S bulbs...that is the type of bulb that is made for the projectors that you have in your 07.

    What kind of car was it that got wrecked? Did it have projectors or a reflector housing?
    --Thomas Barrett--
    2005 OBP 2.5RS Sedan 5sp - 11k miles - Blobeye Syndicate #37
    ......IN THE BODY SHOP (she got punched in the eye)

  11. #25
    Registered User RatedReX's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Chi-Town
    Posts
    32
    I bought some used IS 300 HIDs that a guy had on his 05 WRX. They looked and fit fine.
    I feel the need....the neeeeeed for speed!

  12. #26
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Posts
    25
    06 sti

    Quote Originally Posted by TWBarrett View Post
    What kind of car was it that got wrecked? Did it have projectors or a reflector housing?

  13. #27
    Registered User TWBarrett's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2006
    Location
    Sammamish, WA
    Posts
    114
    Quote Originally Posted by SubaRudeBoy07 View Post
    06 sti
    If he has projectors, and you have projectors, you'll be fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by RatedReX View Post
    I bought some used IS 300 HIDs that a guy had on his 05 WRX. They looked and fit fine.
    IS300s have reflectors, 05WRXs have reflectors, and, judging by your avatar, you have reflectors.
    --Thomas Barrett--
    2005 OBP 2.5RS Sedan 5sp - 11k miles - Blobeye Syndicate #37
    ......IN THE BODY SHOP (she got punched in the eye)

  14. #28
    Registered User
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Ft Lauderdale FL
    Posts
    10
    FWIW 07 lights are H7 I believe. If you buy D2S bulbs for your stock projects you will need to get an h7 - D2S adapter plate.
    07 WRX
    Stage Slow

  15. #29
    Registered User Twigman503's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Connecticut
    Posts
    257
    Quote Originally Posted by neowned View Post
    FWIW 07 lights are H7 I believe. If you buy D2S bulbs for your stock projects you will need to get an h7 - D2S adapter plate.
    Yes, if you look in the manual it tells you every light type. I believe lows are H7s, highs are 9005s...fogs on a STi are D2S and on a WRX are H3s
    Hawk-Eye Alliance- #2121
    Dirty Crew #2121
    New England F4
    "Have you ever noticed? Anybody going slower than you is an idiot, and anyone going faster than you is a maniac."

  16. #30
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vancouver, Canada
    Posts
    1
    TRM..looks good. One question tho. Did you have to disable the DRL's in order to get the HID's to work properly? or are they fine with them still connected.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •