5 Minute Fog Light MOD and 25 Minute DRL MOD
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on 5 Minute Fog Light MOD and 25 Minute DRL MOD within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Here are some pics of my 2 new favorit mods, the first being the fog light mod took about 5 ...

alewis814

5 Minute Fog Light MOD and 25 Minute DRL MOD

Here are some pics of my 2 new favorit mods, the first being the fog light mod took about 5 minutes to do and is an awesome feature being able to run your fogs without headlights and fogs while on hi beam, also the daytime running light mod disables the DRL's so that you are able to run your fogs with no lights whenever you want, if you wanna know how to do either of these mods i know the easiest ways for both of them, total time about 30 minutes

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

alewis814

Pics

here is a picture of what it looks like

I would love to know how you did that. Please post the directions

alewis814
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post
    the directions for the daytime running light mod-
    Take off the glove box 8 screws including the one on the side
    When the glove box is off there is 2 plugs a blue and a black directly on the right side, then behind that there is a black box with a yellow sticker on the top that says Daytime Running Lights, unplug the white plug, tape some electrical take over the top and stick it back in the slot so it isent hangin arround, put the 8 screws back in a vala no lights

the driections for the fog light mod-
    remove the pannel below the stearing wheel and look to the right of the fuse box and locate the relay pannel
    pull off the third one from the bottom
    with the 2 copper prongs on your left there are 2 silver prongs on the right
    bend back the top SILVER prong and attact a femail adaptor and about 6 inches of wire ( will need to cut the coarner of the plastic relay panel for the relay to fit back in with the female adaptor on
    Then take out the Longer white clip on the board above the fuse pannel and if your looking at it like it was plugged in there is an empty slot on the top right of the plug, strip about 3 inches of wire of the other end that is attached to the relay and feed it through the top right slot and take about 1/2 inch and fold it over the outside and plug it back in, this will disable your fog light but you will be able to run them withou headlights.

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremy96gase View Post

For the fogs:
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...&threadid=1022
    Last edited by DUB; 10-26-2007 at 05:24 PM. Reason: link didn't work.

I Support ClubWRX
    Does your main (high -- blue) indicator work correctly in the dash and does the fog lamp indicator work correctly on the switch?
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

alewis814
    Quote Originally Posted by SD_GR View Post
    Does your main (high -- blue) indicator work correctly in the dash and does the fog lamp indicator work correctly on the switch?
    the indicator for highs still work i have an 02 and no in dash fog indicator only the switch and the swith indicator dosent work after this mod

I Support ClubWRX
    Quote Originally Posted by alewis814 View Post
    and the swith indicator dosent work after this mod
    Ah, OK, that's what I seem to recall from years ago. I think at some point someone sorted it all out to where all the indicators work correctly, be it in the dash or on the switch itself -- if I remember where I saw the writeup I'll link.
    WRX Info Links, Courtesy TheJ
    The world breaks everyone and afterward many are strong in the broken places. Ernest Hemingway
    I lied. I cheated. I bribed men to cover the crimes of other men. I am an accessory to murder. But the most damning thing of all... I think I can live with it. And if I had to do it all over again - I would. Benjamin Sisko
    DISCLAIMER: Opinions expressed are the author's alone and are inherently worthless.

alewis814
    Ah, OK, that's what I seem to recall from years ago. I think at some point someone sorted it all out to where all the indicators work correctly, be it in the dash or on the switch itself -- if I remember where I saw the writeup I'll link.
    yah that would be awesome if you did, kinda irratating that the switch indicator dosent work

I have mine wired to work with all the indicators working correctly. Found the directions on either nasioc/scoobymods I think. I have disabled DRLs. Fogs work with lights on/off and high beams on/off. And the indicator light for both the fogs and high beams always are correct.

I'm a bit too lazy to find the link. But it does exist.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

alewis814
    Quote Originally Posted by Thug Nasty View Post
    I have mine wired to work with all the indicators working correctly. Found the directions on either nasioc/scoobymods I think. I have disabled DRLs. Fogs work with lights on/off and high beams on/off. And the indicator light for both the fogs and high beams always are correct.

I'm a bit too lazy to find the link. But it does exist.
    common help a rex owner out

DUB
    Quote Originally Posted by DUB View Post
    Um...hello? Post #2 in this ^ scoobymods thread.

http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...ight=fog+light

that's not the one I used, but same idea I think.
    -John
    Different Strokes
    Dirty Crew #2002
    Mods in profile.

I Support ClubWRX
    Dub posted this awhile back. This is the correct way:
    http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/sho...&threadid=1022

Lead Wrench @ WTF Tuning, LLC

DUB
    Thanks Bo. What are my posts invisible?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast