DIY: Disabling the Daytime Running Lights 2007 WRX

This is a discussion on DIY: Disabling the Daytime Running Lights 2007 WRX within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; In no way am I telling anyone that driving without the daytime running lights is safe or legal. It has ...

DIY: Disabling the Daytime Running Lights 2007 WRX

In no way am I telling anyone that driving without the daytime running lights is safe or legal. It has been proven by a number of studies that the number of traffic accidents has declined on hwys when cars were mandated to have DRL.

Like my other posts I am only sharing my experience.

There are a couple ways to go about doing this. For my personal use I decided to do the one that would take the least amount of time and be able to be placed back to normal if needed.

Needed tools
    1) Two free hands

You want to open the hood and look at the passenger side strut tower. There are 2 plugs that you will see. You will want to take the plug 2nd from the top and unplug it. This is the parking brake sensor wire for the DRL module.

Once you have unplugged the parking brake sensor you will want to tuck this wire out of the way. I also recommend using tape to plug each connector to ensure that water and dust stays out of the plugs.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

This is a good solution, i did it this way, only because i wont be getting HID's. But from what i've heard if you get HID's this won't work, it will cause problems.
    Semper Fi

The Hawk-Eye Alliance #62
    Military Militia #11
    2007 WRX TR, WR Blue: Stg 2

Quote Originally Posted by Slider View Post
    This is a good solution, i did it this way, only because i wont be getting HID's. But from what i've heard if you get HID's this won't work, it will cause problems.
    What kind of problems..? I just put in an HID kit and used this method. Everything seems to be working great so far.

The problem you would have is the HID's would strobe, if it hasn't been a problem yet it probably wont be. I disabled my HID's by unhooking it under the glovebox.

In Canada, DRLs are required on all cars from the factory. How are STi's setup over there, since it has HIDs? Is the DRL in the highbeam socket?
    Canadian Tech Support:
    "ok, type su eh"
    Customer:
    $sua
    bash: sua: command not found
    ---------------------------------------------
    "Dont worry ma'am, we're college students, we know what we're doing"

can't tell by the pics. did you just remove the entire part below or did you just unplug the connection where the red arrows are pointing?