DIY front lip on WRX for $8 - Page 6
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on DIY front lip on WRX for within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by Bizarre11 no pics for a 04/05 sti? I couldn't find any either, so since I'm doing all ...

Quote Originally Posted by Bizarre11 View Post
    no pics for a 04/05 sti?
    I couldn't find any either, so since I'm doing all kinds of other crap while I wait for the parts for my timing Kit to get here, I made the trip to lowes and spent 8.00 If I don't like it, I'll take it off and use it to seal my Garage haha
    "I refuse to tiptoe through life, merely to arrive safely at the end."

"What do I have to do to get inside of you?"
    ~THE DARK KNIGHT~

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

so I did it on my STi and it looks great, was really easy and cost about 10 bucks ( bought self tapping screws and washers too! and some 3m double sided tape). I'll get some pics up soon, I did some other stuff too so i'm excited to show it off!
    "I refuse to tiptoe through life, merely to arrive safely at the end."

"What do I have to do to get inside of you?"
    ~THE DARK KNIGHT~

I think if it looks good on your car, I might do it to my silver 04 wrx. Excited to see pics.

So didit on my 06 wrx today. Everyone is wanting pic here you go. Cost me 13 dollars. Got 16ft of striping and double sided tape. Ended up not using the tape figured for me it would be easyer to just patch the holes then trying to scrape the tape off. Ended up putting alot of screws in it, but its not going to fall off. Over all very happy. Hope this helps.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails IMG_1687.jpg   IMG_1691.jpg   IMG_1692.jpg   IMG_1697.jpg   IMG_1699.jpg  

IMG_1690.jpg   IMG_1702.jpg  

nice job, looks really good. Just did it to my car yesterday.

I think I just found my next "free" mod! Any reason not to do this all the way around the car? Or is that not cool?

Like the idea

Love this Idea as well, I actually picked up some stripping from Lowes. I will say that Lowes is kind of pricey. I did a bar code scan and it is 3 dollars less at amazon or Sears, I bet Home Depot has similar product for cheaper as well.
    I have not installed it yet, I actually was thinking of what someone else posted in here(before I read there post). Of wrapping it in fiberglass, in order to make it stiff. Then sanding it down. At this point (after fiber glassed) you could primer/paint/clear coat it, But i was thinking of wrapping it in the Carbon Fiber Vinyl that is around. I know its ghetto but... 30bucks beats 700+ for the real thing.
    If anyone has an update/ideas of how to wrap this in fiber glass and retain the proper form for install, Please let me know.

just did it on my 02 silver wrx looks good till i get a real front lip.. all my buddies like it too
    thanks for the tip brother

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456