DIY front lip on WRX for $8 - Page 5
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on DIY front lip on WRX for within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Originally Posted by boosteddx done with tapping screws on the under side so i doubt somebody will go to your ...

Quote Originally Posted by boosteddx View Post
    done with tapping screws on the under side so i doubt somebody will go to your car after u take the homemade lip off and say " whats with the holes on the bottom of your bumper? " and then you reply" why you looking up my cars skirt you homo"
    +1 though. It looks great. I may have to look into this DIY

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

just got done testing it out in the rain and mud and damn the damn thing held up suprisingly. this weekend at the shop i should have a fiberglass prototype done
    (04) WRX grocery getter

Quote Originally Posted by boosteddx View Post
    on a peanut eye ...and if u dont like this mod or dont want to screw into ur "classy" car dont do it.

I knew that sombody would end up getting offensive about my comment. I didn't knock on anybody that was going to do the mod, or has already done the mod. I was just putting in my .02, not something that I would do personally. If you are going to have a customized vehicle.. you need to learn how to accept constructive criticism.
    AP Stage 2- 2006 WRX TR (WRB)

Other cars:

1996 Honda Accord
    1965 Buick Skylark GS

It does not look bad at all though =)

Other cars:

1996 Honda Accord
    1965 Buick Skylark GS

haha no not offensive...i think its funny u said classy...its just i think of bmws and benzs and etc as classy...but also stated this is a shape test that im laying fiberglass over to make a shape to contour the mounting pionts...thing has no aerodynamic gains and i understand what ur saying but im taking this to another step. i have a dummy bumper that im gonna be doin the fiber glass work over since i want it to sit a lil bit over so no air drag is caused in between each mounting piont on the bottom
    (04) WRX grocery getter

Excellent ingenuity on the fiberglass aspect of your project, I only wish that I had knowledge of fiberglass craftsmanship. I was at one point going to attempt a fiberglass overlay for a speaker box, but due to cost and inexperience did not proceed with it. Actually from reading on forums, is where I gained knowledge that it was a tricky task. Let us know how it turns out! BTW, no hard feelings.. I really wasn't trying to make anybody feel like I was judging them. Sometimes I need to watch how I word things.

Other cars:

1996 Honda Accord
    1965 Buick Skylark GS

my latest DIY F/R lip:

Has anyone tried this DIY lip for a 04-05 wrx?

if so, where should i drill into my car if i want to do this? what should i use to hold it in place?

i am very confused.. if someone could help me that'd be great.
    Last edited by inReverie7; 05-29-2007 at 12:19 PM.

for 06+ you need 16 ft of those garage door seal rubber, you do the top part then bottom and lots of double sided tapes it took about 3 ill post up the pictures soon i dont have a camara

Banned
    I miss my front lip

It fell of after geting stuck in sand know I need a better way of ataching it. Anyone use anything besisdes double sided tape with any succsess.

Wrinklechops
    Quote Originally Posted by WRXreX View Post
    Spent 45 min installing DIY front lip... below are pictures from the install. Give credit to Satrya @ nasioc.com.

Sorry to bring up an old post, but this is cool! I might just do this this weekend. What did you hook the lip to underneath? Those holes that those plastic things go in to hold the splash-shield up?
    How does this thing hold up over time? Have to take it off/out when you do oil changes, etc?

I've always thought this was a great mod for the money, and the macgyver factor.
    Torch Red 2002 Chevrolet Corvette Z06 46k mi.
    Black 2002 Subaru Impreza WRX 6-speed 94k mi. my mod list
    10/08/2006 - 14.089@103.01 (5-speed with well worn clutch, no launch)
    "Six stars gleaming, five speeds breaking, four tires chirping, three differentials working, two liters screaming, one turbo boosting... it's what makes a Subaru all-wheel-drive, all we'll drive."
    for Bugeye owners my BOV thread Service Manuals

anyone have pics of this on an 04-05 sti?
    "I refuse to tiptoe through life, merely to arrive safely at the end."

"What do I have to do to get inside of you?"
    ~THE DARK KNIGHT~

me and my buddy just grabbed the garage door stuff and 3m outdoor tape.. we did it on his 05 wrx and my 06 wrx, its sick! i will have plenty of pictures tomorrow since we'll be at bear mtn. it just held up with 100 mph speeds.. it looks awesome on both of our cars, (his is red and mine is black) it really makes the front end look more aggressive.. i think it was 4 1/2 or 4 1/4" gasket

no pics for a 04/05 sti?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.