STi under aero bits - Page 6
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

This is a discussion on STi under aero bits within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Might be building my own custom under aero or installing a few of these pieces *subscribed* for ref...

I Support ClubWRX
    Might be building my own custom under aero or installing a few of these pieces *subscribed* for ref
    2014 Ford Fiesta ST

06 WRX, HAWKEYE # 001 <T-boned and sold>

COILOVER TABLE
    TURBO TABLE

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

bringin this baby back from the dead, anyone know or confirm if the side aero pieces will fit on the GC chassis? gas just hit $3.50 here and i wanna squeeze every last mpg out of my DD

if you dont know, what do ya think? think they'll work?
    Aspen white/gold 03 sedan *SOLD*
    Aspen white/gold 06 STi STG2 Bailey ProTuned

Question ALK mounting?

Has anyone mounted these with an ALK?

With the ALK the front subframe is mounted using spacers. Did you trim the aero panel where it attaches to the subframe so the front edge of the panel lies flush or mount it as is with the front edge held high by the subframe?

Update:

I decided to trim the panels to get a flush fit.
    Last edited by spelk3; 08-23-2008 at 12:37 PM.

Just thought I would mention that Subaru Genuine Parts sells the 2 side pieces as a kit that includes all the mounting hardware.

https://www.subarugenuineparts.com/p...oducts_id=1158
    Blobeye Syndicate #035
    Cobb Stage 2

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    that makes it easy
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

i got the kit from SGP this week.

Their directions are slightly different. they provide a total of 4 bolts, 2 screws and the rest are plastic clips.

instead of a 6mm bolt for big sky's location, they have a screw instead. 6mm bolts go in the front most outside and rearmost inside holes. i found that there's already a threaded hole in the front bolt hole...the rear location has a hole as well, but no threads. additionally, it's way too big for the 6mm bolt they've provided. you'll need to use a clip for that or get a bigger bolt and tap.

i'm thinking of just using that rear bolt to secure where the screw would go instead and using a clips for the rear.

"Let the ingorance die with the ignorant"

I Support ClubWRX
    possible it might vary slightly on what year you have (as to what is available on "bolting" it up)- main thing is getting it in there secure

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX View Post
    part # 56410FE061- Graham at japanparts.com said they've added it to their site

unistalled

installed

yyyeeeaahhh i'm bumping an old thread. did you have to drill or tap for the nut into the chassis when you installed this?

I Support ClubWRX
    iirc that piece didn't require any drilling/tapping, the two longer piece do though

thx brotha. i've got the long pieces on already. just received the tranny cover.

Sorry to bring back an old thread. I just installed the sides and the rear diffuser with the cusco install kit. My question is though can I use the tranny cover on the automatic?

I finally did this on my wagon!
    I got a set of these shipped to me from a junk yard in CA for basically nothing. they were a bit mangled, but with a hot air gun and some fiberglass, they were back in relatively good shape. I followed bigsky's instruction except I drilled the pilot holes with the pieces taped to the bottom. I then removed the panal and drilled the larger holes for the clips that go on the outer corners of the panel. I put the panel in place held by the clips and made sure the other pilot holes were in the right spot.

My subframe is a little squished, possibly from a jack, so instead of placing the clip in a hole in the sub frame, I drilled 2 holes and used a zip tie. Since the subframe is squished, I couldn't get a clip to bottom out.

It would be cool, but I doubt I'll get a large front undertray or a diffuser. I doubt without those, I'll notice any difference in the way my car handles. But ya never know...
    2nd WRX...
    More than meets the eye.

I Support ClubWRX
    Sweet- glad some of these older threads are still helping out

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 123456

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.