STi under aero bits - Page 4
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

This is a discussion on STi under aero bits within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Could you share the part number, please? And may a pic or two....

Could you share the part number, please? And may a pic or two.

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    part # 56410FE061- Graham at japanparts.com said they've added it to their site

unistalled

installed

"Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Ian
    Here you go http://japanparts.com/images/ImageFr...base=1&no=2310 and
    http://japanparts.com/db/partslist.php It's under Subaru near the bottom of the page, says new line up in yellow
    Ludachris speed? Whats the matter Conel Sanders? Chicken?

Thanks. Look like its time to warm up CC and order one.

Ian
    I just got my rear diffusor with the Cusco bar from JSCspeed and the tranny shield from Japan parts today! I should have them on by the end of the week, I'll take pics

I made it down to the dealer and got the parts in. There's a plastic grommet and a screw (about 4mm). I also took a look at their diagram and it showed a slightly different clip/bolt arrangement from the one Big Sky used. As well as the screw in the place where Big Sky put the bolt, there are bolts (the same ones) at the front and back (pictured). More good news: the hole for the front bolt is already there, it was just covered with underseal. But the hole where the back bolt should go is too big, and too small for a clip (and the only near-sized self-tapper I had on hand). So I just drilled it out and put a clip in there.

Road trip this weekend to test the gas saving!
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails screw.jpg   panel.jpg  

I Support ClubWRX
    Noice!

Ian
    I put my tranny and rear diff. cover on today! Forget to bring the camera though. The install was fairly easy, took about an hour to do. Call me crazy but the car felt smoother on the highway

I Support ClubWRX
    I think you'll find the car is a little more resistant to wind buffeting w/ these pieces, mine seems to be .

Just completed my first long run since putting on the side pieces and diffuser. Fuel figures were about the same as usual (24.7mpg) but it wasn't exactly equal test because I was late leaving and drove a bit faster than normal. One problem I'm having that nobody seems to have mentioned is noise! The under panels seem to act as resonators and amplify all the sounds from under the car. It's not too bad at speed, because all the other noise drowns it out, but around town...

I Support ClubWRX
    never noticed it w/ mine, ofcourse I never seem to notice any increase in NVH either w/ my suspension upgrades

Quote Originally Posted by Big Sky WRX
    part # 56410FE061- Graham at japanparts.com said they've added it to their site

unistalled

installed

Will this fit on the MY04-05 WRX (non STI) .. will it hold up in pretty firmly even with only 4 bolts/screws?

I Support ClubWRX
    The clips/bolts come w/ the piece and it will be pretty firm- just go to Ace Hardware or any big hardware chain an get a couple of universal/generic chassis clips to hold the front- they're only .25 a throw IIRC correctly then you won't have any worries at all

I Support ClubWRX
    Here's a pic of the clips I can't remember which ones I used (I think etiher style- or even similar will work)

Quote Originally Posted by perfusionista
    Just completed my first long run since putting on the side pieces and diffuser. Fuel figures were about the same as usual (24.7mpg) but it wasn't exactly equal test because I was late leaving and drove a bit faster than normal. One problem I'm having that nobody seems to have mentioned is noise! The under panels seem to act as resonators and amplify all the sounds from under the car. It's not too bad at speed, because all the other noise drowns it out, but around town...
    Thanks for mentioning the noise! That info is hard to come by.

Could you describe in more detail what the noise is like?

Do you think putting rubber washers at the bolt points would help? Or adding additional nylon connectors?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.