Fog Light Mod
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

This is a discussion on Fog Light Mod within the Exterior and Appearance forums, part of the Tutorials & DIY category; Im wondering if anyone knows a way to turn just the fog lights on with out having the other lights ...

Fog Light Mod

Im wondering if anyone knows a way to turn just the fog lights on with out having the other lights come on. ive seen other cars (non wrx) with just the bottom set of fog lights on and it looks preety cool. im curious if theres a way we can do it too.
    vf22 Stage IIII wagon of DOOM

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

i did this on my old mx6. What you have to do is trick the button to thinking the lights are on. for instance my mx6 there were 3 wires(ground, constant power, and a power line that turns on once the headlights are on). all i did was cut the constant and weld or connect that to the wire for the headlight so there is always power running to it, therefore there is always power runnin to the fogs. hope that helps!

that sounds like it might just work. thanks for the info

but what about the daytime running lights? those are still gonna be on. any way to turn those off?

Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    but what about the daytime running lights? those are still gonna be on. any way to turn those off?
    The drl connection is behind your glove box, simply disconnect it. I'm not sure the name of the thread, but if you search a little you'll find a picture of it. Takes all of two minutes.
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Quote Originally Posted by TOOFAST88
    The drl connection is behind your glove box, simply disconnect it. I'm not sure the name of the thread, but if you search a little you'll find a picture of it. Takes all of two minutes.
    thanks, i realized my mistake for asking before searching right after i posted that. I did the search and I found the thread.

God I feel like such a noob

Quote Originally Posted by hellbilly1342
    thanks, i realized my mistake for asking before searching right after i posted that. I did the search and I found the thread.

God I feel like such a noob
    No worries, I've been meaning to do this little mod for quite some time, but I haven't gotten around to it. Good luck!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

easier way to do it is under the hood there is a plug by the boost solenoid..........only works with the stock headlights tho so if u have aftermarket u have to disconnect it behind the glove box

Quote Originally Posted by joelax4
    easier way to do it is under the hood there is a plug by the boost solenoid..........only works with the stock headlights tho so if u have aftermarket u have to disconnect it behind the glove box

i have stock head lights. so can any one confirm if the 3 wires behind the god light swithc and slicing into constant power will work? like the fog lights will come on with just hitting the fog light button?

id try it but i dont have fogs anymore

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by joelax4
    id try it but i dont have fogs anymore

I have done the actual fog light mod, having full manual control. it's pretty kool but I think i got crappy bulbs off ebay, they keep burning out, i got H3's from some AZN guy in monrovia....hmm don't buy from him
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by volcomsoldier19
    I have done the actual fog light mod, having full manual control. it's pretty kool but I think i got crappy bulbs off ebay, they keep burning out, i got H3's from some AZN guy in monrovia....hmm don't buy from him

want to make a little write up on how to do it?

Registered User volcomsoldier19's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rbwrx
    want to make a little write up on how to do it?

i may when i get time, however i doubt it will top my fuel filter write up
    Quote Originally Posted by ansonowicz View Post
    So if I'm stuck in a rut or something, it's mostly because I made a wrong decision somewhere and I need to correct myself out of it.

Quote Originally Posted by rbwrx
    i have stock head lights. so can any one confirm if the 3 wires behind the god light swithc and slicing into constant power will work? like the fog lights will come on with just hitting the fog light button?
    For the fogs to work independently, I understand that instead of splicing the red w/ green striped wire into the orange wire, you need to splice it into something that will give a constant 12V, such as something that is powered whenever the inginition switch is on. Unfortunately, I don't know exaclty which wire that is, otherwise I'd be all over this mod.
    Last edited by TOOFAST88; 01-28-2006 at 03:01 PM.
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

jus go to a car shop(ie pep boys) and get one of those things that look like a screw driver, and u ground it and put the tip on the wire and if it lights up that means u have power!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.