Waxing and buffer question
+ Reply to Thread

This is a discussion on Waxing and buffer question within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Im going to wax my car the for the last time this weekend for the winter. I have a question ...

Waxing and buffer question

Im going to wax my car the for the last time this weekend for the winter. I have a question about those buffers you can buy at say PepBoys. Do they work better then just using a rag to take off the wax and buff? Or is a rag just as good? I've never used one before i guess because i've heard that if you dont use it right it could damage the paint or somthing like that? Is that true? How hard could it be to use?

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

ive had a buffer for years...used once...i stuck with the rag because i was always worried about burning the paint with the buffer (shouldn't happen as long as you keep it moving though)
    COBBS!.....We got COBBS everywhere meng! COBBS, COBBS, COBBS!
    Blobeye Syndicate #2
    RYB - 01
    "RALLY ON"

Quote Originally Posted by StreetSlider
    Hellen Keller's favorite color is Blobeye Syndicate.

Ian
    Are you talking about a buffer or an orbital? Orbital's are great for putting wax on, it makes the job so much faster and it rubs the wax in good too. I wouldn't use it for taking the wax off, do that the old fashioned way, elbow grease! I would leave buffing to the pro's ( like me ) so you don't get swirls or burn the paint

ive used a craftsman orbital buffer from sears with good results, but it can be a hassle (not cordless) so now i stick to the old fashioned way.

the idea behind a wax job is UNIFORM COVERAGE.

the random orbit buffer can do it faster and better than any hand application, and the likely-hood of you hurting the paint is pretty much non-existance as long as you keep the bonnet nice and clean. The random orbit doesn't spin fast enough to cause damage the same way a rotary buffer does.

So using a buffer to apply is very helpful. That being said, I still hand-buff the wax off. Feels more satisfying that way. ;p
    I hate my WRX's stock horn....

+ Reply to Thread

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself. We strongly suggest that you stay away from using aol, yahoo, msn, and hotmail accounts. Sometimes the mail server blocks the emails from our server. As a result you will not receive any notifications including the confirmation email.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.