tail light fiasco!!!

This is a discussion on tail light fiasco!!! within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; Just wanted to let everybody know that i tried to paint the inside of my tail lights and followed the ...

tail light fiasco!!!

Just wanted to let everybody know that i tried to paint the inside of my tail lights and followed the steps for the headlights and it didnt work.. when i put my tail lights in the oven at 225 degrees to get the lens off it melted and distorted everything...

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

Quote Originally Posted by matiyas1166
    Just wanted to let everybody know that i tried to paint the inside of my tail lights and followed the steps for the headlights and it didnt work.. when i put my tail lights in the oven at 225 degrees to get the lens off it melted and distorted everything...

sorry to hear, good luck finding replacements
    " I got four doors to fit more wh0res !!!"

SOCAL F4
    MEMBER "00"

(CLUBWRX'S 1ST OFFICIAL "F4" TEAM) est. May 2, 2005

If they still work but look bad just smoke them.
    Vibrant cat-back exhaust. Black silver rim ADR 18"/ kuhmo 225/40/18. kenwood deck, 2 12" kenwood excelons w/ 1100W kenwood amp. Cobb acessport------------coming soon

they dont work at all the bulbs wont even fit in the holes haha they are oretty much f***ed up.. now the money i had to get my turbo inlet hose has to go for those

Well thanks for the information. I guess I won't be trying that anytime soon... Sorry to hear about that. You should be able to pick up some new lights on eBay for a decent price.
    2005 CGM STi

thats probably why its the headlight mod and not the tail light mod... sorry man that sucks
    dude one time i tried to put the trailer bully into the coiler, and I got all messed up

Don't worry, just put them in the freezer for the exact same amount of time you had them in the oven, they'll return to shape, then try again.

Quote Originally Posted by stevebennett
    Don't worry, just put them in the freezer for the exact same amount of time you had them in the oven, they'll return to shape, then try again.

"I don't think he knows how to give up. His mind and machine are racing as one." -Takahashi Ryosuke

I Support ClubWRX

Ahhh.... I get it. Bad attempt at sarcasm

hey, maybe this is just the opportunity you were looking for to get those Altezas...or those Jag-style tail lights. It think there's a clubwrx member somewhere on here that has a set of those he's like to unload.

i see OEM WRX taillights on Ebay all the time for about $50 if that helps
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

hahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa very funny...........

Quote Originally Posted by matiyas1166
    Sorry to hear that, but it makes sense. The headlights get a lot hotter than the taillights do, so manufacturers make the headlight casing a lot stronger and more resistive to heat than the taillights. 225 degrees maybe fine for the headlights but it would defintely damage the taillights.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...spagename=WDVW

don't know which one you need, but current bid is $40...it would be really funny if someone needs them both and you outbid ONE of them...i love to do that.
    ScoobyDMC #009 - making dirty jokes since before you were making dirty diapers.
    Quote Originally Posted by Blarg
    go f*** yourself

I found some on here for $60 shipped..... thanks