3M Protective Film aka Clear Bra

This is a discussion on 3M Protective Film aka Clear Bra within the Exterior & Appearance forums, part of the Tech & Modifying & General Repairs category; I just got my WRX and I'm thinking about investing in a clear bra since I heard Subaru's paint chips ...

3M Protective Film aka Clear Bra

I just got my WRX and I'm thinking about investing in a clear bra since I heard Subaru's paint chips easily. I tried searching but I couldn't find much information about the topic. Like what to look for in a quality clear bra installation? What materials are the best? Is the only option the 3M protective film? How much would it cost, if I'm thinking of only doing the hood, so it got to be less than $500! But the most important one, do anyone know of a good place that puts on clear bra in Illinois? Any reputable tint shops you recommend?

Sorry for the tons of questions. Couldn't find a post that answers my questions. Thanks!

2. Remove Advertisements
    ClubWRX.net
    Advertisements

not sure, but where you live in IL?
    05' WRB STI
    MODS

Go raibh tú leathuair ar Neamh
    sula bhfuil a fhios ag an diabhal go bhfuil tú marbh

May you be a half-hour in Heaven before the devil knows that you're dead.

Deerfield, but willing to travel anywhere within reason for my scooby!

Moderating on the run! Big Sky WRX's Avatar
    I Support ClubWRX
    Look up rockblocker, xpel, stoneguard, maybe others as well- they will list dealers/installers in your area.

I paid $175 (installed) for lower hood, front of fender and mirrors (that's where I was getting most of rocks).

I'd also suggest looking at their headlamp protection (a thicker film, pre-cut) that adheres to your lamps- it's saved lot's of folks lot's of $.
    "Simplify and add lightness." - Colin Chapman

Hmm, I'm interested in this too! I live pretty close to Deerfield maybe I seen you around.

I have the Stonguard from 3M and like it, but I probably wouldn't get it again. I'm torn, but its saved me at least one light.